Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLATION OF AUTOCAD LT 2008 AFTER REPLACING HARD DISK

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
akckscn1950
258 Views, 7 Replies

INSTALLATION OF AUTOCAD LT 2008 AFTER REPLACING HARD DISK

I have a license for AutoCAD LT2008, bought in 2009, and I had it in a laptop that I use since 2016. A few days ago my hard disk got damaged, so I replaced it with a new hard disk. I re-installed Windows with the same license as before and I am trying to install AutoCAD but it does not get activated with the activation code I had. I cannot find any way to pose this problem to Autodesk, which does not seem to care for its old customers. Please advise.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Simon_Weel
in reply to: akckscn1950

You're out of luck - 2008 is out of support for many years, and for Autodesk, no support also means no more activation codes....

Message 3 of 8
DarrenP

you can try contacting Autodesk directly here: https://www.autodesk.com/support/contact-support?startHelpBranch=post-purchase/download-software

but there is no guarantee they will give an activation code

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
akckscn1950
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Thank you for the reply. I read it also in other places in this forum.

I do not ask for a new activation code. There is no reason why the activation code I have does not work. It is the same computer. Only the hard disk is replaced.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

activation codes can only be used once

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
akckscn1950
in reply to: DarrenP

So Autodesk has to give a new activation code, otherwise this license should not be called perpetual.

Message 7 of 8
Simon_Weel

Yes, 'perpetual' sounds like forever. But in this case, it's Autodesk definition for perpetual, which you may read as 'as long as we like'. If the pc with AutoCAD 2008 will last forever, then yes, AutoCAD will so too. But if the harddisk dies, perpetual comes to an end also. In case you still have the old harddisk and it is still working, you could use the License Transfer Utility to export the license, swap the old harddrive for the new one, install AutoCAD and restore the license.

IMO it's not fair - like you say; perpetual means forever. So why not act accordingly? But no. Not sure why Autodesk decided to act this way - it won't make them friends. Probably will make them more money?

Message 8 of 8
akckscn1950
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Hard disk is not working.

I also find it unfair.

Surely Autodesk loses friends this way. If I do not find a way I will search for another solution. As I found out these days, there are other design software, some of them for free, with which I can do the 2D drawings that I do for my job. Before this problem I had not even searched for something else.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report