Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey all. I have a question about AutoCAD LT 2000i.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gorakwedi31
158 Views, 2 Replies

Hey all. I have a question about AutoCAD LT 2000i.

Hey. I am completely unknowledgeable about CAD software. I apologize if this isn't a proper question or the correct place to pose my query.

I am attempting to sell an open box copy of AutoCAD LT 2000i online. Will the buyer encounter any issues with key codes/serial numbers or installation in general? I am assuming the software has already been used once by the original owner, so basically https://omegle.onl/ https://xender.vip/ I am attempting to find out if I can resell this item or if it is not useable for a second user.

Thanks so much!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: gorakwedi31

The short answer is... what you have is worthless. Autodesk does not allow software transfers*

* The longer answer is depending on what country you are in, and what version of the software this is (I know you stated 2000i), and other factors, it *may* work by either bypassing the security, or by the fact that it won't ask for an activation. Legal? That is up to you.

But suppose the sale/transfer of license is legal where you are; there is no chance that Autodesk is going to provide an activation code for 23 year old software. So why take the chance to make your buyer mad by selling him something that almost certainly won't work?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: gorakwedi31

@gorakwedi31 a much simpler answer: Autodesk no longer authorizes (aka activates) software older than 2014 versions anymore. For anyone.

So your buyer will get 30-days of use out of it, then die, and they will hunt you down for robbing them 😉

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report