Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error when I open Autocad Lt 2016 in Windows11

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
fmvandevoort
8286 Views, 26 Replies

Fatal error when I open Autocad Lt 2016 in Windows11

When I open Autocad Lt 2016, I immediately (without opening a drawing) get this Fatal Error message:

fmvandevoort_0-1664878147378.png

The problem started after installing a Windows update, before that there no problems. I have already tried a clean uninstall of Autocad and installed it again. On the first launch this appeared to work, I was able to open a drawing and work on it. But when I tried to reload a missing Xref, it immediately went into Fatal Error again. And now it continues to go into Fatal Error anytime I try to launch AutoCad. Can anyone help me fix this? 

***THE POST TITLE HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY*** 

Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
pendean
in reply to: fmvandevoort

It would appear you have identified the problem: what is your OS version exactly?
Can you reverse the update to confirm?

And do you have this installed (and if not or unsure can you install it) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt-2016-s...

Message 3 of 27
fmvandevoort
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your quick reply! I was able to install the Service Pack. I'm running Windows 11, version 22H2. I tried to reverse the update, but it doesn't appear to have succeeded. And the Fatal Error persists, although at a slightly later stage (when I try to open a drawing, instead of upon launching AutoCad). Do you have any ideas?

Message 4 of 27
pendean

Win11 is not a supported OS. That may be your primary problem. Autodesk is not going to help.

See if you can find solutions (free or purchased) from 3rd party websites like this one https://blog.longbowsoftware.com/ and https://longbowsoftware.com/

Good luck.
Message 5 of 27
fmvandevoort
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your help. I'm going to try installing Windows 10, see if it works again then... 

Message 6 of 27
dps4fx

I have exactly the same issue.  But was working on Windows 11 for months without any problem.  

I did the original file install then AutoCAD_LT_2016_SP1_64bit, then AutoCAD_LT_2016.0.11_Update_x64. Still same problem, as soon as I open a file I get the exact same as above.

Message 7 of 27
fmvandevoort
in reply to: dps4fx

I reinstalled everything under Windows 10 and now got it working again. Glad that it is, but very annoying that Autocad doesn't run on Windows 11. 

Message 8 of 27
RobDraw

An OS newer than the program is likely to cause problems at some point even if the program runs.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 9 of 27

Simply replace the files "acismobj20.dbx" and "AcSceneOE.dbx" in the directory of the installed Autocad LT 2016 with the ones from the 32-bit version. This should resolve the issue.

Message 10 of 27
dps4fx
in reply to: tomasz.dawidczyk

Hello,  thank you for adding a suggestion.  Would you be able to share those two 32bit files?

Message 11 of 27
tomasz.dawidczyk

files attached
Message 12 of 27
dps4fx

Thank you so much for your help. Works perfectly. 

Message 13 of 27

Thanks very much, this is a life-saver
Message 14 of 27
karynX5GKB

I am having the exact same issue.  I’ve been on Windows11 since July…I have been getting repeated errors that I can’t seem to get rid of when auditing/ purging a drawing…but the files have not crashed.  Yesterday my computer updated to Windows11 22H2 and now I’m getting the same fatal error message as you and can’t open anything.  I’ve uninstalled yesterdays update and it’s still not working.  Please help if anyone can.  Without a subscription Autodesk won’t assist.  

Message 15 of 27
RobDraw
in reply to: karynX5GKB

There are a couple of solutions already. Have you tried them?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 16 of 27

to podmienianie pliku działa błąd krytyczny został wyeliminowany, ale są inne problemy np. ze wstawieniem jpeg lub pdf do pliku

Message 18 of 27

Works like a charm. 

Dzięki mistrzu 😄

Message 19 of 27
dannodc

New to Autocad & having the same problem.

Would you please share the procedure on how to replace the .dbx files, Thank you!

Message 20 of 27
rafiminato98
in reply to: dannodc

Just download files, put them into the root of installed autocad, propably it is gonna be ->Program files->Autodesk->Autocad LT2016. And allow to replace. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report