Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of support for older versions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
konradf
527 Views, 6 Replies

End of support for older versions

Hello.
When is the end of support and the option to activate the software for the 2016 version?

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: konradf

Ask us in 1-5 weeks again!

In the bad case: In 4 days

Perhaps at the point when version 2022 is public (~ March2021)

I am curious what other people write

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Read this https://customersuccess.autodesk.com/articles/expanding-previous-version-access-to-5-versions-back-f...

Basically when 2022 year versions of your software are released, usually March/April timeframe.
Message 4 of 7
cadffm

@konradf 

Pendeans answer is right  for license on subscription and maintenance plans for sure,

if you have a permanent license - we don't know.

I am not sure if that is the case or not for permanent license, but i know about the

autodesk statement in the past (google for: available until March 2021 site:autodesk.com  )

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
konradf

Thanks to everyone for the answers on this topic.
I have a permanent license (network, 5 seats) for the 2016 version and previously I saw the information that in March 2021 it will no longer be supported.
Looking for this answer today, unfortunately, I can't find any specific official information anywhere.

Message 6 of 7
RobDraw

Is there really a permanent license? Do you mean perpetual?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7
pendean

Autodesk will end automatic reauthorizing of 2016 and older software this March, read all about it here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/previous-ver...

R2016 has not been truly supported in quite some time now, that ship has sailed already.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report