Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2455 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad R14

hi! I have been using r14 from last 2 yrs. I have never seen such type of error.

actually the error is it is showing 15'' as 1' in dimension instead of 12''. in every dimension there is a difference of 3'' please help me out!!!

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean R14 from 1997, or do you mean version 2014?

If you switch to a different dimension style, does it still give you the seemingly incorrect data?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
qnologi

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

yes you heard it right.......it's R14 from 1997

Message 5 of 11
dmfrazier

What do you get when you use the DIST command? (Note that this will depend on your UNITS settings.)

Look at the settings in your DimStyle.

Message 6 of 11
cadffm
in reply to: dmfrazier

Not in Autocad, 😉 especially not in R14.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
cadffm
in reply to: dmfrazier

Or do you 

Display Style

?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

.... it is showing 15'' as 1' in dimension instead of 12''. in every dimension there is a difference of 3'' ....

If you're talking about the text content in Dimension objects, you could get 15" to come out reading as 1' [or 12", depending on certain settings] as the result of a DIMLFAC setting of 0.8, however that would not make the same  3" difference in all  Dimensions, but the difference would be proportional to the measured length.  You could have 15" come out reading as 1' as the result of a DIMRND setting of 12, but again, that would round everything  to the nearest foot, so the difference would not be the same for all Dimensions.  It might help if you can post a drawing file including some Dimensions that read incorrectly.

If you're talking about not a Dimension object, but just the reported size from a DIST command or in the Coordinates display as you move the cursor around within a drawing or editing command, I don't have any idea what could cause that, but consider the suggestion at the end of @qnologi's linked topic -- reset AutoCAD and see whether that fixes it.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 11
pendean

Show us, post your DWG file that has this problem that you drew, point to it so we don't have to go hunting.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Is Autocad (R14) compatible with new OS, e.g., Windows 10?

Message 11 of 11
pendean

@Anonymous No one in 1997 ever planned for Windows10 20-years later LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report