Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT upgrade without subscription

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
11541 Views, 24 Replies

Autocad LT upgrade without subscription

I'm looking to upgrade my AutoCAD LT 2008 to a version that does not require me to get an annual subscription and will last me another 10 years like the 2008 version has 😉  I really don't use it much, but I'd like to have it.  I've got a new PC running Windows 10 and I've not tried my AutoCAD yet, but I'm sure there will come a day/version that it will not work anymore =(   Thank you.  Kim

Tags (1)
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Unfortunately Autodesk stop selling perpetual license for point products in Jan 2016.   The only option you have is term based (single user).

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

So does that mean that AutoCAD LT 2015 was standalone?  If I could find a used copy somewhere?  Thank you for your reply 😃  Kim

Message 4 of 25
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

I would advise you not to go that route (getting a used copy)..  You could end up wasting your money.  Meaning Autodesk has the right not to authorize it.  Smiley Wink

Update:  If you live in US this is not even allowed..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous

Are there NEW older versions available for sale?  I just don't need an annual subscription......I may go a year without even using the program =(

Message 6 of 25
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

No there isn't..

You are a perfect candidate for the new subscription based concept.   Just rent it for a month at a time, its $50 dollar.  When the month is up..  You can renew (auto-renew is on by default) or elect not to renew.  When you need it again..  Rent for another month.

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous

Thank you Mark.  I guess I'll just still with my 2008 version till it no longer works for me =(  I'm just really familiar with AutoCAD and I like it, but I'm sure there's probably a $50 program out there that will do all I use it for (design my garden, help my neighbor design his garden, create ideas for a shed for my husband, etc.).  I went to school for Civil Engineering many moons ago and used to use AutoCAD Architectural Design near daily...now I just use the light version for a hobby....Thanks again 😃  Have a great day 😃

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous

I'm in the same boat and don't even make $50 off my work. I still use autocad for work since they pay for it but my suggestion is that if your home jobs don't justify the cost there are some smaller companies out there that are actually getting a lot more user friendly than they had been in previous years. 
I think it is extremely sad that AutoCAD has stuck to this route and it is making users look to other places. 
Good luck! 

Message 9 of 25
deamag

I may be willing to sell my version of AutoCAD LT 2015.   Looks like AutoDesk has put me out of business since I only work PT from home and can't afford the steep annual fees.

Message 10 of 25
deamag

I have the same problem.   Work from home and often go long periods of time without using.  The annual fees will put many of us out of work.

Message 11 of 25
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: deamag

@deamag 

Depending on where you live you are not permitted to sell your Autodesk product to others.   In the US its not allowed, overseas the laws are more relax.   But you might have an upset buyer if they can't activate it in the end.

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 25
deamag

There would be no problem activating my software as I have the activation code. It is not illegal to sell software in this country.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous

activation codes can only be used once

so even if you sell it no guarantee Autodesk will give the buyer another one

Message 14 of 25
leowarren34

@deamag Which country is this?

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 15 of 25

Another annoyed user here.  I've been using Autocad since version 9 in 1992.  I have owned software myself for free-lance use since 2002.  My LT2010 stopped working so I attempted to uninstall-reinstall it.  As many know, and I found out, Autode$k is no longer issuing activation codes after Sept 1, 2019.  I will still use Autode$k at work but will no longer buy products for my side work.  So, it looks like Turbocad, Actcad or some other knock-off will be my new home software.  Congrats, Autodesk, you've lost another long-term customer.  

Message 16 of 25
deamag
in reply to: mds.enterprises

I support this AutoCAD User's outlook 100%. AutoCAD is in this for the $'s and unintersted in those of us who can't afford a subscription on an ongoing basis. They clearly don't support small business interests.
Message 17 of 25
dadalowery

So a lot of information is wrong in this forum. You can use a used version of autocad. Lets say your computer crashes and you have to get a new one. That computer is gone and you can reinstall the old version on a new machine as long as you don't have it install elsewhere so stop telling people its illegal in the usa as it can be done legally. 

Message 18 of 25
deamag
in reply to: dadalowery

I've never stated AutoDesk's subscription requirement is "illegal". However, it has put me uout of busines.
Yes, I have 2015 AutoCAD LT but does me no good because my employers' businesses use new versions that will not load 2015.
Check my posts. Nothing I've stated is inaccurate.
Message 19 of 25
RobDraw

@deamag wrote:
Nothing I've stated is inaccurate.

Except for this - 

@deamag wrote:
my employers' businesses use new versions that will not load 2015.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 20 of 25
deamag

I am replying to my own post.  For those who want work and can't afford to pay for AutoDesk's costly subscription, get your Contractor to reimburse you for the cost of a "temporary" subscription.   This is the only solution for me and my conractor is willing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report