Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2011 License activation code

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
15120 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad 2011 License activation code

My autocad 2011 Serial Number is XXX-XXXXXXXX with the product key 001C.

My hard drive crashed in 2015 and I've reinstalled my program with the 64-bit disk but cannot activate it.

I'm 79 years old and living on social security.  I cannot afford to purchase another program.

Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What does "cannot activate it" mean, we cannot see your monitor.
is there an error message? If yes, what is it exactly?
Or is it doing, or not doing, something specific?
What is the Windows version on your new computer?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Everything is fine until I am required to enter the code supplied by autocad.  When I first received the purchased CD's and tried to install the 64-bit disc, I had troubles... I called the 888-800-1699 phone number and the representative took control (with my permission) and installed it for me.  the program worked fine until my hard drive crashed.  Do you have a code that I can use?

Message 4 of 13
pendean

What code? Do you mean your license number, then that would not change.
If you mean something else, you will need to call Autodesk again.

These are public forums, and most of us are not Autodesk employees, no one is going to give you any code.
Message 5 of 13
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

.... the program worked fine until my hard drive crashed. 

There are several codes

Serial Number 

Product Key

I assume from your first post that you have these two codes.

Now you need to Activate your license.  Since you replaced your hard drive - you will need a new Activation Code.

Start the program and click Activate when it prompts you to activate your license.

Enter the Serial Number and Product Key.

AutoCAD will automatically generate an Activation Request Code and send that to Autodesk (you must be connected to the internet).

Autodesk will automatically generate a new Activation Code and send it back to your computer activating your license.

There is a limit to the number of times you can do this (I think 2).  Once you have reached that limit you must request reset - 

try over here in the correct forum Installation and Licensing.

A free alterntive for you might be Autodesk Fusion 360, depending on the type of designs you do (Mechanical).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 13
Ravi

Sir,

I have use in Autocad 2011 in Last 3years. recently he his reactivate, but activation code will be must,please send the activation code

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Ravi

who are you talking to?

you don't come to a public forum & get activation codes

search this forum for more information: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/previous-version-support/bd-p/6051

Message 8 of 13
wason4by5and6

I have a licensed copy of  AutoCad 2010 light that I bought from Autodesk and I had to replace my computer and cant get AutoCad to work. I am told you need to regenerate a new key from a Autodesk web page.  Also Autodesk doesn't support this program do to age or some reason like that. 

Message 9 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: wason4by5and6

It cannot be activated on your new computer.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 13
shamitmanchanda
in reply to: JDMather

I have a multi User AutoCAD LT 2011 for which support ended on 1st July 2022.

One of the Machines on which it was installed had sudden shut down (due to UPS Failure) resulting in the License file getting corrupted. Since the support had ended (less than 2 months ago), the License is not getting activated again by the servers at Autodesk.

Two Queries :

1. Can this be activated again - The license was generated so it might be there on the autodesk servers.

2. Is it possible to keep a copy of the license (local file)  in safe custody (backup) so that it does not happen on other machines.

Message 11 of 13
pendean
in reply to: shamitmanchanda

1) You appear to have answered your own question in the first sentence of your post, and last sentence of the paragraph after it.
2) Not sure it would work that way even if you could do that.
Message 12 of 13
shamitmanchanda
in reply to: pendean

Where I am coming from

1. There is supposedly a system to request for an Activation Code via email to activate your AutoCAD - so that could exist on the machines when it was activated.

2. There has to be a file that is stored locally which AutoCAD refers to while checking if a particular installation is legal or not. If I keep a backup of that file, it can be restored if the original gets corrupted. (cant be misused as the License is linked to the Motherboard of the PC)

Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: shamitmanchanda

FYI no one here is Autodesk, sorry.

Autodesk no longer does automatic authorizations for 2014 and older software. If you have a unique and special need find a reseller in your region and work through them. Their time may not be free, just like your professional time is not free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report