Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016LT .exe not found

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dstraw7JF2Q
235 Views, 5 Replies

2016LT .exe not found

I have a stand alone CD of AutoCad 2016LT. When installing the 64 bit version on my 64 bit computer I get a error message saying no .exe found. I am running windows 11. Is there a way to get the .exe or a download somewhere?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: dstraw7JF2Q

Copy the content of your disks to a folder on your PC, then launch the installer from there. That often helps.
If Autodesk has a download, you can get it from here https://ava.autodesk.com/ (if there is none, then they probably don't offer it anywhere else, whip out a credit card and go shopping on the web for it)

You will also need to install this update (required for Win10 and higher): https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt-...

And note this important info: Win11 is not a supported OS, and may cause issues sooner or later too. No one will ever help fix it from Autodesk. Others in this exact forum reported issues and they had to roll back to Win10: search, read and explore.
Message 3 of 6
dstraw7JF2Q
in reply to: pendean

pendean, Everything worked and loaded on my computer. Thanks so much. After installing it and getting to the registration and activation, it now tells me that my serial number is not valid. Its the same serial number I used to install the program. When I go and try to do the License Transfer Utility it tells me that the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software. My company had purchased this seat a few years ago and it was never installed, would there be a time issue with the install?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

@dstraw7JF2Q wrote:

it now tells me that my serial number is not valid. 

There is often extra info on that pop-up/alert and a link to help get you an answer: what was it?

@dstraw7JF2Q wrote:

When I go and try to do the License Transfer Utility it tells me that the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software. 

Super aggressive Anti-Virus settings most likely. Your IT folks can give you guidance on silencing it temporarily.

Message 5 of 6
dstraw7JF2Q
in reply to: pendean

On the Registration and Activation page, the message reads : The serial number you entered is not valid. Try agian. (1) Learn more.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity