Fusion 360 Preview Functionality
We’re talking the latest Previews. Love it? On the fence? Want to access? Discuss here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BROWSER: Project ownership

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
rob2LCVK
1338 Views, 22 Replies

BROWSER: Project ownership

So far I have created one project in the browser version, but when I select the Owned by me tab, nothing is shown.  That project is however shown in the All and Shared with me tabs.  This seems odd. 

I also can't see the browser created project in my normal Fusion 360 account, although I do note that in the browser version it says that the project is owned by Rob, whereas in standard Fusion 360 it's owned by robteifi which is set as my screen name.

The account definitely seems to be the same, since any changes I make to the profile show up in the other account.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Hi Rob

This is a bit of a head-scratcher.  We have not seen this issue before, but will look into it.

Thanks

Jason

Message 3 of 23

Quick question...do you have more than one hub? Or have changed the email address you use with Fusion team?

Jason

Message 4 of 23

Not as far as I know - how would I tell?  Pretty sure I didn't change the email address

Message 5 of 23
rob2LCVK
in reply to: rob2LCVK

But I'm wondering why my screen name doesn't show on my messages here - I expected it to be robteifi

Message 6 of 23

OK we will see what we can find out.

I believe the forum has some differences, which could account for the different screen name

Jason

Message 7 of 23

I've just spotted something - the hub for my browser version is showing as myhub.autodesk.com//ue2865b68 whereas the Windows version shows as myhub.autodesk360.com/ue2865b77.

No idea if that helps at all, but I thought I should mention it

Message 8 of 23

I am not sure either, but I will pass it along.

Thanks for the follow up.

Jason

Message 9 of 23

Hi Rob,

From the description of the original problem I take it that you have your hub but are also part of other projects that you are invited to. Can you do this for me please? Log in to Fusion 360 - > under your login name at the top right corner - Switch hubs - how many hubs do you see. Can you check to see if one of the projects you created landed up in any one of the other hubs? I want to start here before I can think of other causes. If you dont mind can you also attach a screen grab of where you see the two hubs that you mentioned below?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 10 of 23

Hi Rajkumar, the only other project I have that isn't mine is the Autodesk Demo project (In Fusion 360 that shows as being owned by A360 Autodesk, whereas in the browser it shows as being owned by just A360).  I can't see where to switch hubs, the only options under my name are Autodesk Account, Preferences, My Profile and Sign Out.

I've added a couple of images. 

Let me know if you need access to the account - there's nothing very important there yet

Message 11 of 23

Can you please invite me into both "My First project" and "Home Automation" projects? my email is raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 23

Done

Message 13 of 23
rob2LCVK
in reply to: rob2LCVK

I've just noticed something else - if I open the hub on my Windows machine (virtual machine actually, running on Ubuntu), if I try the Edit in Browser option then I get a simple page that just says 'Unauthorized', so the two hubs are definitely not connected

Message 14 of 23

Hi Rob,

thanks for inviting me to your projects. Both these projects seems to have some thing special, once you invited me to these accounts, it broke my account. I am not able to login to my account after this invite. I have reached out to our Fusion team to look at what is happening here. 

Do you know if you have a team hub account? IF yes, it could be the permissions that you have set on these projects too. I will continue with the team internally but if you can let me know if this is a team hub that would help.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 15 of 23

Oh dear, sorry about that!

As far as I know it's not a team hub account, I've never collaborated with anyone on a Fusion 360 project, so unless I created one inadvertently I don't understand how it could be.

Message 16 of 23

No problem at all Rob. You might have just exposed a big defect here for us. At this time i cannot help much nor anyone else unless we understand what in your account is different. I will keep this thread updated as I find more. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 17 of 23

Trust a programmer to find a bug in someone else's code - it's a kind of revenge I think 🙂

Message 18 of 23

Just thought I'd check in to see if there's an update

Message 19 of 23

Hi Rob,

Sorry but not yet. I just got the invite side of things cleared :). I can see the home automation project that you invited me to. I need to look for the other "my first project" that you invited me to. I will have an update for you shortly. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 20 of 23

Thanks for the update, Raj - glad you've got your account back at least 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report