Community
PowerShape and PowerMill API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerShape and PowerMill API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do NOT update Visual studio 2019 to 16.3.7

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
YuyaPonsaerts
1069 Views, 13 Replies

Do NOT update Visual studio 2019 to 16.3.7

After updating visual studio, PSSolid entity can not get all values through the api ( ex. boundingbox)

On my colleague's computer (with VS 16.3.4) the exact same code works perfectly fine.

PS: does anyone know how to downgrade VS? 

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.png

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Downgrading VS does not work. VS 2017 also doesn't work. 

Just so you know.

Message 3 of 14

I'd suggest it isn't a problem with Visual Studio but more likely a configuration issue within PowerShape.

Do you have PowerShape running with decimal points or commas for the decimal separator?  It should be able to handle both but perhaps that is causing issues.  Is there something different about the PowerShape sessions that you are running?

Luke

Luke Edwards
Consulting Services Manager
Message 4 of 14

Hello Luke, 

I'm using a comma as a decimal separator. This wasn't a issue before the VS update.

Kind regards

Message 5 of 14

I'm not quite sure about other settings in PS. How can I check this?

Message 6 of 14

Again, I don't believe it is a Visual Studio issue.

Perhaps your computer is running in an strange mixed mode.  Do you have the region of your PC set to a region where the decimal separator is usually a "."?  Try changing your PC config to "." to see what happens.

To investigate it more, you could debug the API.  You say this doesn't build on your PC.  What is the error?

Luke Edwards
Message 7 of 14

Hello Luke,

I changed the settings to .  but I still get the same error.

Format is set to Belgium so the standard setting is the , as a decimal separator.

"To investigate it more, you could debug the API.  You say this doesn't build on your PC.  What is the error?"

I'm not quite sure what you mean with "this doesn't build on your PC" ?

Message 8 of 14

Sorry, I thought you had said in another post that you were having trouble to clone the source of the API from GitHub and build it.  Have you tried doing this?

Luke Edwards
Message 9 of 14

I Cloned the API and tried building it, but I get 12 errors.

I'm not quite sure what connection this has with my problem, can you please elaborate?errorlistbuild.png

Message 10 of 14

The missing reference should be here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\.NETFramework\v4.0\Libraries\System.Windows.Interactivity.dll

Perhaps when you installed Visual Studio you didn't choose for "Blend" to be installed?

I thought that if you could debug the API you could find out what values PowerShape was giving back and why the API wasn't able to generate a bounding box value from them.

You could always disable the WPF projects in Visual Studio as these are not necessary for what you are testing.

Luke Edwards
Message 11 of 14

Hello Luke,

I have it installed but apparently Microsoft made blend or some parts of it opensource, so the places which these are installed changed. I'm not quite sure how it works, so I opened it on VS 2017 and now it only gives 18 warnings.  ( https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/open-sourcing-xaml-behaviors-for-wpf/)

warnings.png

How do I disable the wpf projects and how should I test this? (I'm new at debugging the source so I'm not familiar at how this works.)

Message 12 of 14

I've just updated the code on GitHub.  It should now take that reference from NuGet.  If you grab the latest version of the code and build then it should work...  See how you get on with it.

Luke Edwards
Message 13 of 14

Where can I find documentation how to debug and edit the api? 

I did right mouse click and "build solution" but it doesn't show anything?

Message 14 of 14

Do you want to PM me and perhaps we can do an online meeting to take a look...

Luke Edwards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report