Community
PowerShape and PowerMill API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerShape and PowerMill API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close the modal dialog.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hx
Advocate
621 Views, 5 Replies

Close the modal dialog.

As the image show.

If the PMinstance is in modal dialog. the api will get issues by DoCommand.

How can I close it by the api?

Dialog.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
icse
in reply to: hx

Edit:

It seems like if the open dialog is opend you can close it with this line:

//opens the dialog
PROJECT RECOVERY OPEN PROJSELECTOR

print 'test'

//closes the dialog
''

Message 3 of 6
nicholas_wu

PROJECT RECOVERY OPEN PROJSELECTOR "(project_path)"

Message 4 of 6
hx
Advocate
in reply to: nicholas_wu

I know this command, but what I want is, if PowerMILL is in the mode dialog box open state, is there a way to close the dialog box through the command or API?

Message 5 of 6
ondrej.mikulec

I don’t think that there is any command that closes the modal dialog. I am assuming that when Powermill raises the modal dialog, the software main loop is stopped, and the only way to continue is to interact with the modal dialog.

You can manage to avoid raising the modal dialog by having the “DIALOGS MESSAGE OFF” and “DIALOGS ERROR OFF” during any interactions with Powermill. And anywhere a modal dialog raising is expected, then there are extra commands available such as “YES” at the end of the command or the examples showed in the replies above.

For example, the “YES” suffix can be in the “EXPORT MODEL "model" FILESAVE "C:\targetPath.dgk" YES" which always overwrites the file that already exists.

Message 6 of 6
luc_ponsaerts

What about the NOQUIBBLE parameter ?

ex.g.

DELETE STOCKMODEL ; NOQUIBBLE

NOQUIBBLE = No Question With this option when you delete an entity no question is displayed to confirm the suppression of the entity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums