Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using "User Defined Settings" or somethings else to force specific Post Output...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matthew_metzingerRD8F6
160 Views, 2 Replies

Using "User Defined Settings" or somethings else to force specific Post Output...

Good Morning.

I would like to somehow use "User Defined Settings" in each operation to trigger some specific Post processor output.

I have "Roughing" operations and "Finishing" Operations.

I would like to be able to set ALL of my "Roughing" ops to have a user defined setting that will trigger in the post some machine-specific output, just for what I need in roughing.

Then also, I want to be able to set all of my Finishing ops to have another user defined setting that will trigger in the post some "other" machine-specific output, just for what I need in my Finishing cutting.

If I had something like shown below, a user defined setting called "RufOrFin", and it be a numeric user defined setting, say with "0" meaning Roughing and "1" meaning Finishing, can the post "see" this, and output some specific output for me?

matthew_metzingerRD8F6_0-1713032037167.png

If that is possible, then also would the following be possible:

To be able to Right-mouse-click on specific operations (as in the pic below), and be able to "set" this user defined setting named "RufOrFin" on all selected operations, without having to set this user defined setting in each operation, one by one by one...

matthew_metzingerRD8F6_1-1713032203055.png

Thanks in advance for the help...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Awesome, thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums