Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer perpetual license

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
bartmann_in_MN
3985 Views, 16 Replies

Transfer perpetual license

Anyone know how to transfer a standalone perpetual licence from one device to another?

I've read all about the license transfer utility and it sounds nice and easy.  Problem is, I find no such utility installed with PowerMill 2017 and no place to download it.  Is it not available for PowerMill?  

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TK.421
in reply to: bartmann_in_MN

disregard your inbox- i was able to attach it here. It's a little hemming and hawing, but it isnt too bad.

--------------------------------------
the numbers never lie
Message 3 of 17
bartmann_in_MN
in reply to: TK.421

Thanks TK.  I ended up calling AD support and getting an activation code but it looks like the document you provided covers exactly what is needed.  If anyone has tried the utility, I'm curious how it worked for you, if there were any problems.  Please reply if anyone has feedback on that method of transfer.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Had a guy from Autodesk Birmingham come down to check all my macros worked which they did.

I was told you can legally have one copy of PM17 on 2 PC's BUT only one can be active at any time.

It sounds to me that if I want to also run PM from home, I need to export the license before leaving work.

Then when at home import the license..

At this stage not that much different to taking the dongle home.

However I would like to know what happens if the HOME PC dies whilst having the license ? .

With the dongle I just unplug it and take it back to work.

How hard or long does it take to get it all sorted ? .

We have PM17 perpetual but as of yet have not downloaded it.

I work from home as well as at work and want it to safely remain that way.

Goffa

Message 5 of 17
TK.421
in reply to: Anonymous

You're able to have both seats active at the same time (work & home), without exporting the license each time. The limit is 2 devices/license. If your PC dies while the license is attached to it and you cannot deauthorize it, it may take a phone call to Autodesk to get that sorted out.
the numbers never lie
Message 6 of 17
ewshp

Hi @bartmann_in_MN

I've used the licence transfer utility once to move my licences of PowerSHAPE / PowerMILL and ArtCAM to a new computer.

Everything worked without any problem.

Message 7 of 17
Pijetro
in reply to: ewshp

I'm trying to run the Utility manager, but won't allow..

Are only the Contract managers allowed to do this?

I cannot get the utility to fire up unfortunately..

Message 8 of 17
ewshp
in reply to: Pijetro

The license transfer utility will not start up if command line arguments are missing or innacurate.
Can you please provide what you are trying to achieve ?
Sam
Message 9 of 17
ewshp

The license transfer utility will not start up if command line arguments are missing or innacurate.
Can you please provide what you are trying to achieve ?
Sam
Message 10 of 17
Pijetro
in reply to: ewshp

We are getting a new computer..I need to transfer the Powermill Standard License.

So I've downloaded instructions, as per PDF on this comment section..

I've followed the PDF word for word, but perhaps you can help..

I've put the LMU shorcut onto the desktop, and typed in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R12\LTU.exe" A9ZI1 2017.0.0F -d SA -1 en-US as the target location.

Closed off, and tried to "Run as admin"..

The program unfortunately does not run..

The new computer is arriving this afternoon, but I'd like to stay ahead of the process, and make the transition as smooth as possible.

Message 11 of 17
TK.421

youre missing a period between 0 and F

the numbers never lie
Message 12 of 17
Pijetro

Embarrassed.  

Thank you..

Message 13 of 17
TK.421

hahaha, no worries brother. it took me a few tries too. i would miss spaces and stuff like that; happens to the best of us

the numbers never lie
Message 14 of 17
ewshp

Thanks @TK.421, faster than me. 🙂

Message 15 of 17
Alex470

Hello,

I'm wondering if one of you know the alphanumeric product key for PM2018 ? 

Or even the PDF for 2018 Products.

Thanks a lot 

Alex

Message 16 of 17
NanchenO
in reply to: Alex470

If I correctly understood your question, you should have a look at:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/activate/find-serial-number-product...

The key is different dependig on the version (standard to ultimate) of PowerMill which you wish to install

Olivier

Message 17 of 17
Alex470
in reply to: NanchenO

Yes, you got it right thx 🙂

I followed the steps in the pdf and I used the good alphanumerical product key for PM2018 Premium and the LTU R14.

So this one is for PM2017 and it's working well : "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R12\LTU.exe" P07I1 2017.0.0.F -d SA -l en-US"

so I tried with this : "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R14\LTU.exe" A9AJ1 2017.0.0.F -d SA -l en-US"

or "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R14\LTU.exe" A9AJ1 2018.0.0.F -d SA -l en-US"

and it's not working.....

I tried to find out more informations about how to use the LTU for PM2018 but without success,

if anyone made it run for PM2018,

Much appreciated

Alex 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report