Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Problem Profiling 2D Curve

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ewshp
551 Views, 4 Replies

Strange Problem Profiling 2D Curve

HI,

I have a problem with a simple 2D profiling operation. In the screenshot below, the geometry is correct (triple checked !), toolpath parameters are also correct and simulation is OK.

But when i run the job on the CNC, the profiling operation at the bottom of the image as an offset of around 1.9mm on the X axis meaning the tool is eating the part instead of profiling it while the one on top is correct.
Both profiling operations are made in the same operation.

Profiling Problem.jpg

I am not using tool radius correction and the machine datum is correct.

As any one had this kind of problem ? The only possible thing i see is a PM-Post bug ?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ewshp

If it would be a PM-Post bug, the co-ordinates of the each parts will be different. The best way for me to check this, is split the program into two files (one toolpath in each of them), and compare both (X axis) in Notepad++ by 'compare plugin'. You can also check the co-ordinates in the PowerMill, and compare it with the PM-Post output file.

Follow the steps (see attached screenshot for details):
1) Select workplane
2) Select toolpath
3) Click on 'Machine position' button
4) You will see the form with tool position.
5) Right click on the toolpath point you will compare, and choose 'Simulation to nearest point' from menu. Compare co-ordinates from PowerMill with PM-Post output file.

Tip:
Will be helpfull using:

SIMULATE JOG ABS

command to set the tool on the co-ordinates from file (number '6' on screenshot). Then you will see if tool is even nearby the point of PowerMill toolpath.

Mateusz

Message 3 of 5
ewshp
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for this detailed method.

Using it, i found nothing wrong in the PM-Post result. I will continue looking for the main cause and keep this topic updated.

Message 4 of 5
tibor.vekasi
in reply to: ewshp

Please upload  the cutfile and ncprogram, and if possible the project.

Message 5 of 5
ewshp
in reply to: tibor.vekasi

Hi @tibor.vekasi

Sorry but i can't share any data.

I have followed @Anonymous method and found no difference between the ncprogram points coordinates and toolpath points coordinates.

Machine manufacturer is at the factory today looking for some possible problems.

Thanks

Sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report