Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no 2017 post processor files with 2018

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
5715 Views, 10 Replies

no 2017 post processor files with 2018

I downloaded the Powermill 2018 ultimate version 2018.0.3.1212121 full release, and the only post processor files in the Public Documents file are 2012 and 2014 64-bit versions.  Where can I find the 2017 or is there a 2018?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
paolo.bastianelli
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and thanks for posting in the PowerMill forum.

Please check the following folder on your computer: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2017 (64-bit) Files" .

The newer post processors should be in there. Please let us know if they're not. 

If you find this solved your issue, please consider marking this answer as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers.

Thanks,
Paolo

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: paolo.bastianelli

In Users/Public/Public Documents  There are to directories relating to post processing files:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PostProcessor 2012 (x64) Files

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PostProcessor 2014 (x64) Files

These may be from Artcam 2018. but nothing else relating to post processing files.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

I downloaded the Powermill 2018 ultimate version 2018.0.3.1212121 full release, and the only post processor files in the Public Documents file are 2012 and 2014 64-bit versions.  Where can I find the 2017 or is there a 2018?

@Anonymous wrote:

In Users/Public/Public Documents  There are to directories relating to post processing files:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PostProcessor 2012 (x64) Files

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PostProcessor 2014 (x64) Files

These may be from Artcam 2018. but nothing else relating to post processing files.

Autodesk Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 is included as part of the Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 installer, and this is installed to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 by default. Post processor files (*.pmoptz) associated with Autodesk Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 are installed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018\Generic by default:

OptionFiles-2018.png

ArtCAM post processor files (*.con) included with Autodesk ArtCAM 2018 are installed to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2018\postp by default. A set of Option files (*.pmoptz) are installed to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ArtCAM 2018\postp\optionfiles by default.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: dillon.moulder

The Artcam post processor files are where they are supposed to be.  So that means the there are no 2017/2018 powermill post processor files, only 2012 and 2014.

Message 6 of 11
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:

So that means the there are no 2017/2018 powermill post processor files, only 2012 and 2014.

To avoid any confusion, are you referring to Option files (*.pmoptz) included with Autodesk PowerMill 2017 and Autodesk PowerMill 2018 product installers? Please confirm.

The set of Option files (*.pmoptz) included in Autodesk PowerMill 2017 product installers are installed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2017 (64-bit) Files\Generic\ by default.

If a set of Option files (*.pmoptz) are included in the Autodesk PowerMill 2018 product installers, I would expect that they are installed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018\Generic by default. However, perhaps this is something @paolo.bastianelli or @jonathan.artiss can confirm.

Thanks in advance for your time and understanding.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 11
paolo.bastianelli

Hi @Anonymous,

If the directory above doesn't include the posts, please try the one @dillon.moulder mentioned:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018\Generic 

You should find more than 10 .PMOPTZ files there. 

Please contact us if you have any further issues.

Regards,
Paolo

Paolo Bastianelli

Technical Consultant
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I have the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018\" directory, but no named "generic" directory inside, just the named "help" directory and then a bunch of files, mainly .dll's
Message 9 of 11
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018\" directory, but no named "generic" directory inside, just the named "help" directory and then a bunch of files, mainly .dll's

There is nothing other than a Generic folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 on my computer:

AMPPU-OptionFilesPath.png

The C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 folder on my computer contains the folder and files referred to in your post:

AMPPU-InstallPath.png

Please ensure that you're browsing to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 rather than C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Manufacturing Post Processor Utility 2018 on your computer.

Thanks again for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

There they are!!!

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Just installed 2019 Ultimate, We run Fagor 8070 controlling Prusianni machines. 

No post for Fagor? ?

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report