Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mtd file wont import

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JAMES.DAVIS
947 Views, 12 Replies

mtd file wont import

Hi 

We have just upgraded to powermill premium and we are trying to import a machine mtd file but we keep get this error message:-

Capture.PNG

Can anybody help.

Kind regards

James

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
piro_man
in reply to: JAMES.DAVIS

Is the path correct? Is the file exists? Is the file not empty?

Mateusz

Message 3 of 13
JAMES.DAVIS
in reply to: piro_man

I have opened the file in note pad and all the data is there it just will not open in powermill

Message 4 of 13

Hi @JAMES.DAVIS,

Thank you for contacting Autodesk PowerMill Forum.

From the error message, it seems that the dmt file 'Cabinet.dmt' is missing from the folder containing dmt files for the machine parts.

Could please check if this dmt file is present at the relevant path i.e. G:/Hurco-MTD/dmt ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Rohit.M
Message 5 of 13

Hi Rohit

Not sure where I should be looking for the relevant path I was emailed the file and saved it on the desktop the file name is HURCO VMX30Ui.mtd

Kind regards

James

Message 6 of 13
piro_man

Can you just make some screenshots with the locations of the file, and with the content, to show us, what is inside the files (use notepad++)? Will be easier for us to help if we can see where are the files and how are they look like. (May you can share the *.mtd file? Add attached to next post.)

And please, DO NOT cut or/and modify the screenshots! I believe nobody will steal anything from your computer, or use any information against you. If you are really affraid, just move the window with the content files of machine simulator to blank place, and then make screenshot. The main important things for us is to see:

- path of the all machine simulator files (with extensions)

- the content of them

If you don't do this, I'm afraid nobody can help you.

Mateusz

Message 7 of 13

Hi @JAMES.DAVIS,

The machine tool typically consists of a folder, which contains the dmt files (Model) and a mtd file, which describes the kinematics.

If any of the dmt files defined in the kinematics (*.dmt) is missing from the dmt folder, then the MTD simulation does not work and it will throw an error which you have mentioned.
So please ensure that the MTD file at your end is containing dmt files folder too. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Rohit.M
Message 8 of 13
JAMES.DAVIS

Hi

I have tried to attach the mtd file but I keep getting the error message:-

The file HURCO VMX30Ui.mtd does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed.

Have you got an email address I can send it to.

Kind regards

James

Message 9 of 13
iamcdn79

You have to use winrar or winzip to zip and upload the file

Intel Core i9 13900KF CPU
128 GB Kingston Beast DDR4 SDRAM
PNY RTX A2000 6GB Video Card
WD 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Windows 11 Pro

Message 10 of 13
JAMES.DAVIS
in reply to: iamcdn79

Hi 

Thank You

mtd file is now attached

Kind regards

James

Message 11 of 13
piro_man

Ehh... it will be hard way to get from you any helpful information. In attached file is only *.mtd file. Where are the rest (*.dmt) files? Have You got it in one folder? If not - you have to! Why? Because inside *.mtd file is path to subcomponents of your simulator. This is that line:

<path FILE="dmt/Cabinet.dmt" />

It means, that you have to have file 'Cabinet.dmt' inside folder 'dmt', which is in the same place (the same path) as file *.mtd. So if you have file 'HURCO VMX30Ui.mtd' in path 'C:\Machine Simulator\'

(full path):

C:\Machine Simulator\HURCO VMX30Ui.mtd

than you have to have *.dmt files in path 'C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\'

(full path)

C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\Cabinet.dmt
C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\Logo.dmt
C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\Hurco.dmt
C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\HurcoBack.dmt
C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\HurcoBlue.dmt
C:\Machine Simulator\dmt\Bed.dmt
(... etc ...)

I hope you understand...

Mateusz

Message 12 of 13
JAMES.DAVIS

Hi

I only have the mtd file, are the dmt files in side the mtd and if so can they be extracted.

Kind regards

James

Message 13 of 13
NanchenO

Hi,

If you are missing the .dmt files, then you should try to get them at the same place where you find your .mtd (zipped or whatever).

If you don't have them, then your .mtd is +/- useless : You could try to remove the parts' pathes, but you won't see anything on the screen.

I hope that you have some maintenance ...

Olivier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report