Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Strategy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
351 Views, 2 Replies

Manual Strategy

Hi guys.

In Mastercam there was something called a "point" toolpath, which was pretty simple. You selected points in a specific order, then set feed or rapid moves between each point. Each move could have its own feed rate, M or G codes. You can then put in your own custom code before, during, or after each point. This made really odd custom programming easy and manageable.

I am trying to find something like that in PowermIll. Does it exist?

This the functionality I need:

Rapid X & Y

Rapid Z

Optional Stop

Feed Z

Optional Stop

Spindle Start

Feed -z to depth

Feed +z relief (0.010)

Spindle Stop

High Feed +z back out (not rapid, just faster)

Rapid +z

rinse and repeat.

I need to do this 6 times on two different angled faces, so the z depths change for each iteration.

I have gone ahead and wrote this by hand, but I would rather have this in my Powermill project for down the road when this job comes back around.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tibor.vekasi
in reply to: Anonymous

I create a simple proof-of-concept macro for point manufacturing to Heidenhain controller. The macro require an active pattern with points, and active toolpath for some parameters.

The attachment a sample project + macro

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tibor.vekasi

That's pretty cool!

I was hoping for a more Autodesk "official" method, but maybe their official method is custom program it yourself. LOL

Thanks for the insight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report