Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any option to check machining limit with existing cutter -holder combination?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pacecadcam
269 Views, 5 Replies

Is there any option to check machining limit with existing cutter -holder combination?

Is there any option to check machining limit with existing cutter-holder combination?

Prior to generate toolpath one can get proper information of requisite cutter overhang, holder combination and one can adjust the tool overhang well in advance to generate collision free toolpath.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ondrej.mikulec
in reply to: pacecadcam

You can calculate a "Collision Safe Boundary" for a particular tool to see machinable areas.

Message 3 of 6
iamcdn79

There is no dedicated option for something like that but what I do is set my tool length and holder and make a raster toolpath over my entire model with a large stepover and somewhat large tolerance with Automatic collision checking on with the required holder and shank tolerance and with keep colliding sections turned on. 

With this, I can see where there are problem and safe areas. Red = collision area.

iamcdn79_0-1715080584625.png

Intel Core i9 13900KF CPU
128 GB Kingston Beast DDR4 SDRAM
PNY RTX A2000 6GB Video Card
WD 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Windows 11 Pro

Message 4 of 6
pacecadcam

iamcdn79 ,

Thanks a lot for the solution.

Message 5 of 6
pacecadcam
in reply to: ondrej.mikulec

Thank you 

Message 6 of 6
M_Hennig

Using the Holder Profile option in the tool option page may be the closest thing to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums