Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 3D offset finishing on multi axis with multiple surfaces ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hamed.desighn
373 Views, 7 Replies

How to use 3D offset finishing on multi axis with multiple surfaces ?

Hi , im using this model right here with the boundary as you can see using "3D offset finishing" toolpath but it seems like powermill somehow reads boundary as  a two dimensional curve rather than a 3d boundary , im so confused right now .

Screenshot (98).pngScreenshot (99).png

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jianhua.fan
in reply to: hamed.desighn

Is this because the model has undercut if you view from +z-axis, and the offset finishing strategy cannot machine it? 

Jianhua Fan
Message 3 of 8
hamed.desighn
in reply to: jianhua.fan

exactly , if i see the model from z+ axis the boundary looks working in that way , one alternative approach was to rotate the workplane around X axis to math tha z axis with boundary definition but it didn't gave me accurate result also needs extra work , i didn't get under cut meaning tho is that means the model is unsewed or open ? cause the model is solid and no gaps in it .

Screenshot (100).pngScreenshot (101).png

Message 4 of 8
jianhua.fan

undercut means part of model is hidden by other part and cannot be seen if you view from the top. 

Jianhua Fan
Message 5 of 8
hamed.desighn
in reply to: jianhua.fan

What would i do then ? any help appreciated

Message 6 of 8

Jesus christ someone please help 😥🙏

Message 7 of 8
M_Hennig

3d offset finishing only projects the way the work plane is orientated,  try surface projection finishing or alter your work plane so there are no undercuts.

Message 8 of 8

You could also use a line projection toolpath and trim back what you don't need. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report