Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split holes in drilling method

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
iamcdn79
1936 Views, 2 Replies

How to split holes in drilling method

I have this drilling method that drills every hole in the active hole feature set and then splits them by their diameter but it won't work for these 2 hole diameters, One is a counterbore hole the other isn't, any idea how I can split them in the drilling method?

iamcdn79_0-1689083680667.png

Intel Core i9 13900KF CPU
128 GB Kingston Beast DDR4 SDRAM
PNY RTX A2000 6GB Video Card
WD 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Windows 11 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sean571
in reply to: iamcdn79

I've always just specified the diameter and which component to select to get around this. I would add a filter to select the last component to determine the hole diameter. I set a range to account for holes being off by a tenth or two usually. This can be a pain to set up at first since you have to define each hole diameter, but once you got it dialed in it's great. 

Sean571_0-1689103428747.pngSean571_1-1689103455944.png

Sean Wroblewski
Applications Engineer

Message 3 of 3
iamcdn79
in reply to: Sean571

Thank Sean,

That's an option but going through every hole combination will take me forever and surely I will forget one. I want the drilling method to produce all the holes in one shot as I have in the folder.

I think it would be faster if there were an option for a hole exclusion to put in the first process and then add it to the second process that would be a lot faster.

Intel Core i9 13900KF CPU
128 GB Kingston Beast DDR4 SDRAM
PNY RTX A2000 6GB Video Card
WD 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Windows 11 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report