Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select colored blobs with macro

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
719 Views, 8 Replies

How to select colored blobs with macro

For the project that I am working on, out of the 9 blobs/pickpoints, I have to always select the middle green blob for every case I process.  How would I go about accomplish this with a macro?  Is there an easy to just say "this blob" or do I have to provide coordinates?  I have the coordinates and saw this:  Link  but don't fully understand how to get that to work.  Specifically, I was unsure about "a MIN, MID or MAX modifier".  Thank you

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cfastNJWK6
in reply to: Anonymous

You could put the different colors of the model onto their own level or set.  Then when you need to select a specific color of the model, you can use the macro language to "Select All" of a specific level or set.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cfastNJWK6

I'm not sure what you are describing here.  Are you referring to the colored blobs?

Message 4 of 9
cfastNJWK6

What do you mean by "blobs"? Are you referring to different areas of a model that are the same color?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

If you look at this post , I mean the different color blobs in the original post.

Message 6 of 9
cfastNJWK6

I don't believe you can select the and of the "colored blobs" through the macro language without using the the "PICK" command and a screen location.  You can however, create a workplane from a point, and then specify where the point is:.

MODE WORKPLANE_CREATE ; INTERACTIVE POINT
MODE POSITION START
MODE POSITION CARTESIAN X "5"
MODE POSITION CARTESIAN Y "5" 
MODE POSITION CARTESIAN Z "5"

At the beginning of the macro, interrogate the block to find the X,Y and Z positions of where you want the workplane, then use those values to specify where the workplane is to be placed.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

What about what this guy said ?  I just am unsure on what he means by "and for each a MIN, MID or MAX modifier"

Message 8 of 9
cfastNJWK6

MODE WORKPLANE_CREATE ; INTERACTIVE BLOCK
MODE WORKPLANE_CREATE BLOCK XMID YMID ZMAX
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you!  That was what I was looking for

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report