Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flowline Finishing help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
573 Views, 6 Replies

Flowline Finishing help

Morning all,

I'm having some problems trying to get a Flowline Finishing toolpath generated. It seems like it's the perfect toolpath for what I want to do, and I think I have everything set up properly but it just won't calculate. I have no limits set on my TP, my block is big enough to encapsulate the whole model, the pattern even is shows as being valid, and yet it won't calculate. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.No_Limits.pngTop_View.png

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cfastNJWK6
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see anything obvious that you missed.  Could you upload the project so we can take a closer look?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cfastNJWK6

How do I upload the project? Every time I drag and drop the project file into the attachments section I get a bunch of errors telling me file type is unsupported.

Message 4 of 7
cfastNJWK6

The project must be zipped up to upload it.  Right click on the project and "send to", then "Compressed (zipped) folder".

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks! Project is attached, I've edited out a lot of the model for IP reasons but it still contains the geometry, toolpath, tool and pattern in question. The boundary titled "Radius" is there to demonstrate the area I'm trying to machine.

Message 6 of 7
cfastNJWK6

I am having a difficult time getting a flowline toolpath to calculate on this model as well.  I see some holes in the model. Powermill may be having a hard time interpreting the model because of the holes.  You should be able to get a good result using Corner Multi-Pencil Finishing. 

cfastNJWK6_0-1614604818497.png

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Corner Multi-Pencil works great here, thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report