Community
PowerMill Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s PowerMill Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular PowerMill topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature set active expression

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jsweatherbie
289 Views, 3 Replies

Feature set active expression

Hello ive been trying to figure out what the expressions are for things that are active so i can display it in my custom tab but i cant seem to find any information on it regarding it. if theres a help for it or something that would be appreciated but mainly im looking for a expression for active feature set.

another thing can you make the expression like the  "toolpath" tab where its a drop down and you can change the active tool and featureset in "hole feature set"

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LasseFred
in reply to: jsweatherbie

I do not know if I have understood your question properly. but you can use these strings to get the names:

$tool.name

$toolpath.name

$boundary.name

or:

See at page 98 in the macro programming guide:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/PM_Macro_Programming_Guide.pdf

Evaluate the active expression
For example, the Boundary.Tool parameter is not active for a block
or sketch type boundaries. You can test whether a parameter is
active or not with the inbuilt active() function. This can be useful in
calculations and decision making.
The basic control structure is:
IF active(….) {

}

in reply to: LasseFred

If you look at the default tabs under “feature set” it’ll show you the active featureset. I’m trying to get the active featureset expression into another tab I created. I’ve been looking through the help and everything and I can’t seem to find anything to help me besides the expression editor but that’s no good for my use cause it won’t show the expression….
I’ve tried $toolpath.featureset.name it worked for a second then once I switched to another feature it errored out.

Message 4 of 4
Sean570
in reply to: jsweatherbie

$entity('featureset','').name 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report