Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help or support?

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
brianrepp
2227 Views, 29 Replies

Looking for help or support?

Welcome to the Fusion 360 Community!  If you landed on this board, intended for sharing your Tips & Tutorials for Fusion 360, but instead are looking for tips or help from the community or Autodesk, please instead post on one of the following Fusion 360 boards:

Design, Validate & Document

CAM

API & Scripts

Thanks!

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
madhellsing
in reply to: brianrepp

I got a Verizon Samsung Galaxy s6 4G LTE and downloaded this fusion 360 for my phone. At first I could view all my drawings except for one. Now this bull**** is not working and tells me there was an unexpected problem aND that I should look for support here LOL.
So wtf is going on? What should I do? I'm trying to keep a superhero reputation and this instead is making me look like an ****😀
How can people trust me if my work can't be opened and I look like a liar. Let me show you something... oh wait I can't 😠duhhh
Message 3 of 30
hemim
in reply to: madhellsing

Hi @madhellsing, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Fusion 360 Community.

Did you just install the app for the first time or recently updated it?

We found an issues with opening files after updating to the recent version from last week and we are working to fix it ASAP.

Can you try to uninstall the app completely and then re-install it from Google Play? This should solve it. If you are still experience issues after doing so, could you please send us a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Thank you,

Hemi.

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous

Looking for help with adding my required sizes in the boxes that come up if i draw a rectangle? I can enter One Dimension however how do i get to the other dimension box?
Message 5 of 30
hemim
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, Tapping the keyboard Enter key will highlight the second dimension box to allow you entering a value.

Thank you,

Hemi.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: hemim

Thank you Hemi for your reply.
I have tried that and all that happens is the first box that is blue, till i put in a size excepts the size. then when I tap the enter key just leaves me with a Brown box in stead of going to the next dimension box.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous

Hi Hemi once again worked it out. I have to tap the enter key on the number keypad. Not the one on the alphabetical keypad. Is this normal. Also can I set up me own keyboard shortcuts?
Message 8 of 30
hemim

Hi @Anonymous, It's normal. The option to setup your own keyboard shortcuts is on Fusion roadmap, but you can also feel free to post it, or any other suggestion, on the IdeaStation forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/idb-p/125

Thank you,

Hemi.

Message 9 of 30
r0natacad

You can also tap the tab key.

Thank You,
Ron Owensby.
Message 10 of 30
Anonymous

HI brian ,  I have question about how can import 3d models from another application such zbrush maya ..etc to Fusion ? Or In other words how to convert that geometry into body in Fusion ? I try different ways but it all the same doesn't work! So if you guys can help will be grateful. thank..Oday

Message 11 of 30
brianrepp

Hi Oday - I see you posted your question over in the Design board and received some great help from the community!

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous

Hi

I have just started to learn how to malke 3D models. Im trying to use Autodesk 123D. Is there a forum for this please.

Thanks

Message 13 of 30
brianrepp

Hi @Anonymous - this is likely what you're looking for:  https://support.123dapp.com/hc/en-us 

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for that quick reply.

I keep getting a 404 error for that page using the link.

Im in the UK. Is that the problem.

Message 15 of 30
brianrepp

Hmm, what about this link?

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous

Hi. That's worked. I will have a look there. I need any and all the help I can get.
Thanks very much for helping me.
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous

Hello Sir,

I am Press Tool & Die design engineer....i am having trouble in using Simulation for my die stress testing...its showing me completely bizarre results..please guide me.

for example..lets say my blanking or piercing die works on a 200 tonne power press, how would i do stress testing on my Blanking die using simulation..??

please reply ASAP.

Thank You.

Krunal( Manalee Indusries,India)

Message 18 of 30
MikeSmell_ADSK

Hi Krunal- 

Thanks for reaching out. Would you be able to share a few images of the results or the model you are questioning? I will gladly review to see if anything obvious is missing from the setup. 

In general, I do have some concerns that you might be running into limitations with the current functionality that is in the Fusion Simulation workspace. First, I assume you are using the Linear Static Stress study type for your analysis. This would limit you to simulating linear material behavior (no permanent deformation) and also assumes small deformations and cannot simulate material cutting.

From the description of your problem, it sounds like in the physical world, you are permanently deforming the material or actually cutting it during your manufacturing process. Is this true?

Thanks, 

Mike Smell

Simulation Product Manager for Fusion 360

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeSmell_ADSK

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, in reality i actually remove material from metal sheet. For example, say i have MS sheet of dimesion 50X1000X2mm. I want to 

remove a Circle of dia 30mm from the sheet throughout the length. I design the whole die & punches for that & now i want to do stress analysis on my blanking die.

i used static stress analysis.

i can share my die design developed in Solidworks.will it be helpful? If so please share your email id; i will mail it.

Thank you,

Krunal

Message 20 of 30
MikeSmell_ADSK

Hi Krunal,

Please contact me directly, michael.smell@autodesk.com to further this discussion. I would like to take a look at your design and dig deeper into the details of your simulation requirements. 

Thanks, 

Mike Smell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report