Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands-on Exercise: Modifying Sketches 2

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
skubie
1081 Views, 8 Replies

Hands-on Exercise: Modifying Sketches 2

I'm trying to work through the Hands-on Exercises and I'm having a difficult time understanding. Specifically, I'm looking at Sketch Exercise 4 of Modifying Sketches 2. I think the instructions are poorly worded and the illustrations confusing. If this is supposed to be a helpful tutorial for newcomers, I think it could be improved and made less frustrating. 

Or is it just me? Did anyone else have difficulty following this particular exercise?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
paul.handy
in reply to: skubie

I have to agree yes. Any help on this appreciated. I got as far as making the holes for the leg extrusion but after that could not extrude the rest of the new base. Very confusing. 

Message 3 of 9
guy.steph.ryan
in reply to: paul.handy

If you guys are talking about the "banana hook" exercise, I've failed at several attempts to use the extrude command to thicken the base. It only seems to extrude the base sketch's lines and circles - not its selected faces. Furthermore, the end of the base closest to the hook seems to taper and extend slightly - following some unseen line instead of the actual sketch boundaries.

I guess I could be closing the projection incorrectly, and/or breaking the links incorrectly, and/or using the extrude function incorrectly. However, if I use the press-pull command (instead of extrude as instructed), both the base and the feet under the holes turn out fine.

Message 4 of 9

So I was having the same issue and after watching the video multiple times I discovered my workspace (lefthand side) was under "Sculpt" instead of "Model".  This solved the issue of my base not extruding properly.

Message 5 of 9

I'm stuck at the part where it says to project the left edge onto the body.  I can't figure out how to select the left edge of the body.

Message 6 of 9
daniel_lyall
in reply to: marksgraves

Have it oriented like it shows and hover over what you can see and click on it, I will do a screencast tomorrow.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 9
marksgraves
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Thank you.  Looking forward to your screencast.  I've tried hovering over things, but can't accomplish the task.  I appreciate your help.

Message 8 of 9
Beyondforce
in reply to: skubie

Hey @skubie,

You are write, the instructions are poorly worded! But I hope this will help:

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Check out my YouTube channel: Fusion 360: NewbiesPlus

Ben Korez
Owner, TESREG.com & Fusion 360 NewbiesPlus
TESREG - Fusion 360 Hardware Benchmark
Facebook | YouTube

Message 9 of 9
marksgraves
in reply to: Beyondforce

Thank you Ben.  That was helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report