Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing special symbols

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
schneik-adsk
8168 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing special symbols

Fusion 360's drawings are built off Autocad technology. This means some Autocad-isms come along for free. One is the use of special strings of characters for common drawing symbols.

for instance if you create a linear dimension of a cylinder's side view as a dimension of the diameter you will want to add a diameter symbol in front of the dimension distance. Edit the dimension and type %%c. This will add a diameter symbol.

%%d – Draws degrees symbol (°).

%%p – Draws plus/minus tolerance symbol (±).

%%c – Draws circle diameter dimensioning symbol .

What if I want the % sign???

%%% – Draws a single percent sign (%)

Kevin Schneider
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
O.Tan
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Is this all the available tags or there's more that can be used? And I guess eventually Fusion will add proper buttons to add symbols? 

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 3 of 8
prichas
in reply to: O.Tan

Hey Omar,

Yes, there are other codes available for symbols. Most of the Unicode syntax will work with Fusion text inputs as well. Please click HERE for details.

These codes can be copied to the clipboard and pasted when you need them. I have created a short Autodesk Screencast with a few workflows on how to utilize these symbols in a drawing.

I have also attached a text file of the codes for referene and hopefully make it easier to cut in paste either in Fusion drawings or in a clipboard manager.

I mention two free clipboard managers. If you are interested in trying one out, here are the details.

Mac: Clipmenu
Windows: Ditto

Shayne

Message 4 of 8
jp3JQAA
in reply to: prichas

Hi!

As I have been working with NX, ProE/Creo, Ideas etc. for 20 years, i know how i want to create and set up my drawings.

Now the new company wanted to use F360, which is quite ok for the 3D creation. However, I’m not so happy about

the 2d creation, and i know you work on several fronts to improve it.

This is what I now struggling with. Not to be able to get more symbols. Right now, I need recycling symbol.

What I read you can import it as an attribute, but when I do that, my newly drawing template I struggled with in AC, disappears... Do you have a string for Recycling?; as text, that would work.

Another thing is, a leader can only snap to an edge, I would like to snap on a surface.

Center marking for an oval is impossible, or have I missed something...

Thanks

JP

Message 5 of 8
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: jp3JQAA

Hi @jp3JQAA, thanks for your post. We are continuing to make progress in the drawings workspace, and you can always find out what's on the roadmap by visiting this mural.

For a recycling symbol, you could insert it as an Image Insert onto the drawing as a workaround. Leaders snapping to surfaces is an item that's on the roadmap and will come in the future. Centermarks only work on circle geometry at the moment, could you please send a screenshot example of where you'd want to put a centermark on an oval?

Thanks,

Timera

Message 6 of 8
HughesTooling
in reply to: jp3JQAA

Some fonts have recycle characters for example select DejaVu Sans \U+2673 is recycle code 1.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

You can even copy and paste into text in a sketch in the model workspace and extrude.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
stemleys
in reply to: schneik-adsk

When naming pins while creating a schematic symbol, I want some of the names to have a bar over them as is common on most data sheets for the devices. How do I do this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report