Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book: Autodesk Fusion 360 Introduction to Parametric Modeling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3790 Views, 5 Replies

Book: Autodesk Fusion 360 Introduction to Parametric Modeling

Not sure how many other community members already now about this book.

Sorry if there has already been a topic started about this book. I did a search but did not find anything, but being new to these forums I may have still just missed it.

I was excited to find such a updated book on Fusion 360 a few days ago on Amazon.

Not sure if I can post a link to it or not because of forum rules so I wont for now.

Just received the book yesterday and was a bit disappointed in finding out the link given in the book for the practice files was a .exe file.

Being I was working on a Mac the .exe file did not do me much good. I sent a email to the feedback email address given in the book and asked if there was another way I could get the practice files.

First thing this morning I got a reply back along with a dropbox link for the practice files. I was very impressed to receive such a quick reply and solution to my problem.

I'm really looking forward to working my way through this book.

Are there any other Fusion 360 Books out there I should know about? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ldavis
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this the book from Ascent? If so, how are you liking it? I was thinking about getting it myself. I learn better with a book as opposed to videos.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ldavis

I bought this one here.

https://www.amazon.com/Autodesk-Fusion-Introduction-Parametric-Modeling/dp/1943184720/ref=sr_1_2?s=b...

Looks like there is a higher priced version 2 out now.

https://www.amazon.com/Autodesk-Fusion-Introduction-Parametric-Modeling/dp/1943184909/ref=sr_1_1?s=b...

I was disappointed in the book and it's the only book I have ever returned for a refund.

It's been a while now, but from what I recall the files I needed to go along with the exercises in the book was a PITA to get. They posted a link in the book, but it was for a .exe and I'm on a mac.

After emailing them some guy sent me the files via a dropbox link.

I also had to email them my order number and a copy of my amazon receipt then wait several days for someone to set up my account before I could excess the video's that went along with the book. Almost a week and two emails later I received my account info so I could access the videos.

I only watched two videos. I only watched the second one because i thought no way could all the videos be this bad. I don't know if the guy talking in the video just had a really mono tone and boring voice or if it was actually a computer generated voice, but the two videos I seen where the worst. 

Then again maybe I just got spoiled watching the awesome video's on the Autodesk Fusion 360 YouTube Channel. 😉

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiMwMz3RMbW5mbx0iDcRQ2g

Between waiting for the book, waiting for files and video excess I probably spent a few weeks getting it all together. I felt by then I had already picked up a lot of what was in the book from this community, youtube and Udemy.  https://www.udemy.com/product-design-fusion-360/

I feel I buy a lot on Amazon and have never had a problem with returns until this book.

I probably purchase hundreds of items every year from amazon and maybe return half a dozen things through out the year. My CC has always been credited back the same day UPS picks up the return package. Not this book though. I waited a week until after UPS tracking showed it had been returned. Then I contacted the seller. After not hearing a word from them for two days I contacted Amazon via chat and had my refund within minutes.

So that's was my experiance with the company and how I feel about the book. 😉

Message 4 of 6
ldavis

Thanks for the quick reply! that's really a bummer. I was hoping for a better review than what you gave. Especially for the $$ the book cost!

thanks again

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ldavis

While the TOC for this book looks quite complete, there is NO INDEX in back of the book.

I can't believe singular issues will be solved with a book having no index. 

For the price, I'm sadly disappointed the author or publisher was too cheap to include an index.

I'd be hard pressed to invest in this book.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

@Anonymous

If you haven't already be sure to check out this free Fusion 360 online coarse. Much better then the book.

https://www.cadlearning.com/product/100062

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report