Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my product key & serial number?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Azmeera.M
3957 Views, 4 Replies

Where's my product key & serial number?

If you need help finding your car keys or house keys, you might be better off using a smart phone app, getting one of those cute little chips, or just looking under the couch again. But if you’re wondering where the heck your Autodesk product key or serial number is, we're here to help.

First, what's a Product Key?
A Product Key is an alphanumeric code that you will need in order to install/activate your Autodesk software. (E.g., 057H1)

Individual vs. Suite Product:

- Individual product: You will need a different product key for ANY product purchased independently or that's not part of a Suite.

- Suite product: The same product key is used to activate ALL products within a Suite.

And what about the Serial Number?
Serial numbers are generally available in your Autodesk Account, but the locations may vary based on your license and account type. 

Example:

acct-sn.jpg

1. AUTODESK ACCOUNT

Where can I find my Product Key or Serial Number on my account? 
    On the Autodesk account, your Product Key or Serial Number is located in:
    i) the product tray on your online account

ii) the software download window
    For step-by-step details, go to our Instructions Page

Who can view the Serial Number on the Autodesk Account?*

The serial number on the Autodesk Account will only show for:
    i) Account Administrators (e.g., Contract Managers, Software Coordinators)
    ii) Named users with assigned software benefits
    *You are the account administrator if you purchased a software subscription using your Autodesk Account or were assigned the role of Contract Manager or Software Coordinator by your company.

2. EDUCATION COMMUNITY: STUDENTS/INSTRUTORS
    student teacher.jpg
    The Autodesk Education community (i.e., Students or Teachers) can obtain their Autodesk Product Key or Serial Number via email or bduring/after the download process. For more details, please visit the Education page.

3. ACADEMIC RESOURCE CENTER/EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
    Find important installation, product key and serial number details for academic resource centers or educational institutions HERE.

4. PHYSICAL MEDIA: FINDING YOUR SERIAL NUMBER AND PRODUCT KEY ON DVD/USB
    If you have a DVD or USB key for a 2013 product or earlier, the serial number and product key appears on the label of your product packaging.

Example: Autodesk Education Master suite 2011
    Acct serial num-key.png

Serial Numbers for Autodesk software versions 2014 or newer, these will be emailed to subscription administrators (Contract Managers or Software Coordinators) and appear on their Autodesk account

5. FINDING YOUR PRODUCT KEY IN THE INSTALLATION FOLDER
    - For Autodesk software versions 2010 or older, please visit 2010: Product keys for Autodesk products

- If you’re using an older version (2013 and older) and can’t find your Product Key online, please find the instructions to locate the Text file where the product key (part number) is located on THIS PAGE.

6. PRODUCT KEY LOOK UP
    You can also find your product key by software version on our Product Key Look Up page

For more details, please visit Autodesk Knowledge Network's Installation, Activation and Licensing page
If you need any additional help, please visit us on Twitter @Autodeskhelp or if you have any other product specific questions please post a new message in one our Autodesk Community forums. 

Azmeera M.
Autodesk Employee
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Azmeera.M

Dear Sir ,

Kindly help me , when i enter the product key as below email ,then gave me an error 
and this a Msg ( The product key entered is not valid. Verify and re-enter it )

please if you can give me the right product key ,,

Thanks ,,
Message 3 of 5
Azmeera.M

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Community forum! We see that you have downloaded the 2014, 2015 and 2016 versions. Please be sure to enter the correct product keys for the appropriate product version with your serial number .

Please go to the links below to get the right product keys:

Let me know if you are still encountering the issue, or if there's still a problem.

Best,

Azmeera

Azmeera M.
Autodesk Employee
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

@Azmeera.M 
Thanks for your support and your reply ,
Actually i entered the product key 001H1 instead of 001G1 , and didn't give me an error
and the program was run and OK ,,

Thanks ,,

Message 5 of 5
Azmeera.M

Hi @Anonymous,

So glad to hear that things are working correctly!

Best,
Azmeera

Azmeera M.
Autodesk Employee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report