Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit, Nested Family Point Auto Number

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1042 Views, 5 Replies

Revit, Nested Family Point Auto Number

I am creating some nested point families but when placing the families in the model they all carry the same duplicated number 1000, is there away to have these families auto number as they do when placing manual points?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
s.hamel
in reply to: Anonymous

When placing instances of the families(That you have Points inserted into) within your project, they should initially have no point numbers assigned.  Triggering something that needs all points to be numbered, like export points, manage points, etc.  would also trigger the automatic numbering of them.  If possible, send me a pm with a  link to download a project that just contains a couple instances of your family showing the issue and I'll let you know how to fix it up.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
Message 3 of 6
cfraherGNKND
in reply to: s.hamel

What is the resolution to this?

Message 4 of 6
s.hamel
in reply to: cfraherGNKND

I don't believe I ever got access to the original posters model demonstrating the problem they were having, are you seeing something similar?  Most likely issue is that the nested points are setup correctly, e.g. were copy/pasted in, or properties were manually adjusted after they were inserted.  If you PM me your family you are having problems with I can let you know specifically what's wrong.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Message 5 of 6
jordanbanks7E3G9
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed after bringing in that nested family it has no points until you hit on the Manage in APL, Once then it will assign it points. After doing this you can't copy that family because it will copy that point after assigned: you can renumber or IF you add the same Revit family and hit Manage again it will number it. Just thought I would let everyone know. I dont know if this is the issue but it took some time to figure this out while testing APL. 

Message 6 of 6
s.hamel
in reply to: jordanbanks7E3G9

Correct, Point Layout doesn't monitor and handle copying of elements, however it can discover these duplicates for you.  Consider using the automated renumber option when using the check for duplicate point numbers function.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report