Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2016 Point Layout failed to initialize.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bnew
1416 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2016 Point Layout failed to initialize.

In trying to use APL_2018 with versions [2015, 2016, 2017] of Revit. I get this error.  

The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception.

I have uninstalled all versions of APL and reinstalled just the 2018 version to no avail.  

I hate to post on this forum but I have searched the heck out of Google with no good result.  

Even here, on this forum, I don't find anything related to this specific error.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
scott.a.green
in reply to: bnew

@bnew

This sounds like it could be caused by a licensing error. For Point Layout 2018 do you also have a current subscription to BIM 360 Glue and to Revit 2018? Also, have you been added to the  BIM 360 Glue project that is connected to the Revit model, and could you post a screenshot of the error along with the Revit Journal file for the last instance were you attempted to access Point Layout? The screenshot and the journal file would help with identifying the cause. 

Regards, 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 8
s.hamel
in reply to: scott.a.green

To close this one out, issue was actually caused by another addin, SpectrumBIM.  When that addin was removed the issue cleared up.  Latest version of SpectrumBIM may not cause the same issue, but this has not been verified.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
Message 4 of 8
scott.a.green

@bnew

If the issue was caused by the add-in as Shayne mentioned, could you mark his response as "Accept as Solution". If removing the add-in (or if you do not have the add-in installed) doesn't resolve the issue I would be more than happy to continue working on this issue with you, you can follow up with me with the error screenshot and the journal for review and we can investigate further. 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 8
ChisB
in reply to: scott.a.green

We are having this issue on 2 our of 3 computers and do not have the add in that is mentioned installed. Has there been any other solutions to this problem?

Message 6 of 8
s.hamel
in reply to: ChisB

Please make sure you are on the 2019 R1 release, can just grab it from the free trial site, install directly over the prior 2019 version, or if on earlier version, uninstall that first.  If issue still occurs please pm me a screen shot of the expanded error msg if possible, and journal file.

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel
Message 7 of 8
elenaminot0

I have been facing the similar issue with one of the system. I have cross checked its not the licencing error and updated the SpectrumBIM but the problem remains

Message 8 of 8
s.hamel
in reply to: elenaminot0

Did you try disabling or uninstalling SpectrumBIM so it does not load?  Anything else installed or changed recently?

Thanks,

Shayne Hamel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report