Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers are Auto Switching

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kraftwerk15
553 Views, 5 Replies

Numbers are Auto Switching

Whenever our field guy clicks on his iPad and selects the point 501 in the app, whenever you select to edit the point using the Pencil icon on the right, it automatically changes to point 626. This works the same way for these two points in reverses as well. If I try to click on point 626, it will bring up the information for point 501.

When I download the same model on my iPad, this does not happen. It's just his iPad. Does the same issue after turning off the iPad and turning it back on and redownloading the model. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scott.a.green
in reply to: kraftwerk15

@kraftwerk15 

So this behavior was happening only on the one iPad with Autodesk BIM 360 Layout app correct? Has the user tried signing into the app on another iPad with the same credentials and accessing the project there? I suspect it is probably specific to only the one install, what is the version that they have installed (2.02?) and have they tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling? 

-Scott 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 6
scott.a.green

@kraftwerk15

I haven't heard back from you, did the user try deleting the model and app, and then reinstalling? I was also wondering, did the user start experiencing the behavior after a crash on the app? 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 4 of 6
zach.crumal
in reply to: scott.a.green

Hi, there is a setting that they have turned on 'show all pt #s' that when turned off can resolve the issue that is seen on the one iPad during edit point. This has been resolved and will be part of an update shortly for BIM360 Layout.

Message 5 of 6
kraftwerk15
in reply to: scott.a.green

Scott-

Sorry for not replying. I've been working behind the scenes with a couple of Autodesk APL team members.

The solution was to go to Settings > View Options > Show all point numbers and slide this option off.

I have not received a response back from APL why that option behaves the way it does.

MG

Message 6 of 6
scott.a.green

@kraftwerk15

No problem, I had mentioned the crash and reinstalling the app because I have seen behavior like that in the past, after a crash on the iPad the points are numbered incorrectly or in the wrong location and this sounded very similar to that kind of situation. But yes, the product manager said the same thing about the setting for Show all point numbers and turning that off. Zach posted in this thread that the development team is aware of this particular behavior and should have it resolved in the next update (you could accept Zach's post as a solution). 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report