Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PointObject attribute in AutoCAD 2017.1

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
253 Views, 1 Reply

New PointObject attribute in AutoCAD 2017.1

In regards to your addition in 2017...

"you by adding the PointObject attribute last update, this records the object id of what the point was added to,"

I've not had a chance to look at 2017... however, this might push me to do so soon.

Is there option in place yet to tell APL to use this PointObject attribute in APL Renumber and other functions. Namely to Push Renumbered Revised Point data back to the MEP Property Set like "Export Point # to Property Set Field" does when the point is first established?  ... other related question: Are you using the ObjectID and not the Entity Handle?  As I understand it... the ObjectID never changes but the Entity Handle could possibly change.

This single improvement would go a long ways to mitigate issues we have where our Point number in our Hanger Fab Data gets out of sync with Total Station Data. We constantly have to make certain to spot check the points in hanger fab agrees with point number annotation. 

(We are pretty new to Revit... but it would be well I think to do this there too)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
s.hamel
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Note that when I say 2017, I mean Point Layout 2017, which you can use and run within AutoCAD 2013-2017.

No option like that yet Mike, that Property set manipulation code still only exists in the one place, but I will look at expanding it. Object ID is what is used, not the handle.

Thanks,
Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report