Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got dwg with blocks, I need Points at mid-point of nested line.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
357 Views, 3 Replies

I've got dwg with blocks, I need Points at mid-point of nested line.

I have a dwg file that I need automated points place at the mid point of lines... The file has nothing but blocks. Nested within all of them are 3d faces and lines... I believe what I want is a point placed at the mid point of these lines that are nested inside the blocks.

Please can you help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
s.hamel
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Check out the "Nested Curve/Line" tool, I think it will cover what you are looking to do.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
Message 3 of 4
mdhutchinson
in reply to: s.hamel

Yes... that is what I was attempting to use. The closest thing I can get it to do is place a point at each end of the nested line (two points)

I don't see... or am missing the secrete to place a single point at the midpoint of the line. I thought at fist look that I could use the mark block tool... but the insertion point of ALL the blocks containing the nested lines at at WCS 0,0,0.

Message 4 of 4
s.hamel
in reply to: mdhutchinson

You are correct, that function and the Line points one does not offer a center of line option.  Will probably add it for the next update as it appears it would take only a few minutes to do.

Another one to try is the Selection Points and then choose Mid option, unfortunately depending on what else is in the block you will get mid points of objects you do not want also, though you could filter those out by layer if they are layered differently.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report