Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'ClicLicensing, Version=1.0.5900.28116

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Chris_Baze
419 Views, 6 Replies

Could not load file or assembly 'ClicLicensing, Version=1.0.5900.28116

I have a user trying to pull our network license of APL, and he's getting an error that states: "Could not load file or assemble 'ClicLicensing, Version=1.0.5900.28116, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
s.hamel
in reply to: Chris_Baze

Chris, can you please have the user make sure they are updated to the latest version.  Can simply have them download the free trial version here, http://www.autodesk.com/products/point-layout/free-trial , and install right over what they currently are using.  See if that fixes the issue and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
Message 3 of 7
tmwtcco
in reply to: s.hamel

I'm having issues installing APL 2017. I downloaded from link above. I have BDSU 2017. When I click on APL in add-in tab in Navisworks manage, I get this:

2017-01-04_1717.png

Also when installing it shows licenisng for 2013-2016 only:

2017-01-04_1724.png

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 7
s.hamel
in reply to: tmwtcco

In regards to the licensing side, for 2017+ you select licensing from within the  product due to a change in the background, go ahead and trigger APL from Revit or AutoCAD and you should see this.

However for the Navisworks side, I think you are in a bit of a special case here.  Are you using Navisworks with BIM 360 Licensing?  If so then APL must also be used with BIM 360 Licensing, go ahead and switch the Licensing mode to BIM 360 for 2013-2016 and then try again.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Message 5 of 7
tmwtcco

That worked Shayne! I have BIM 360 for Navis and when i changed the license type for APL, it worked. Right now I have a trial and we will need to purchase a license for APL I believe. Can we purchase that as a shared network lciense as there are 3 of us but we would never all need it at once. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7
s.hamel
in reply to: tmwtcco

Yes, network licensing is available.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Message 7 of 7
tmwtcco

Great! Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report