Point Layout Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Point Layout Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Point Layout topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Point Layout 2015 What's New

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s.hamel
1795 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Point Layout 2015 What's New

Here is what you will find new in the 2015 release of Autodesk Point Layout:

General:

• Support for AutoCAD/Revit/Navisworks 2015 releases.
  • New Preview guide with separate sections for AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks.
  • Code mapping functionality added: Codemapping allows the user to map descriptions to a Code, and include these mapped codes when creating their export files. Various field Layout software's will use this code to control the visual display of points.
  • Return Network License: Users on network licenses can now return their licenses without closing out of Revit or AutoCAD. Navisworks will automatically return it's license when the button pallet is closed.
  • Network Licensing: Will now automatically check for and use environment variable if it exists.
  • Better support for Metric value entry added anywhere the need was found.

AutoCAD:

• Support for Advanced Concrete custom grids added to Control Points Mark grid intersections function.
  • Increased compatibility with Autodesk Fabrication items.
  • Electrical tab now uses Electrical point type when adding Conduit hangers/points.

Revit:

• Dynamic point descriptions: Points can now contain triggers that allow the description to contain values pulled from parameters of the point, or the family the point is nested in.
  • Point Cloud Analysis fine level control: Users can now specify the maximum number of points to be analyzed per face, and the average distance between points to be analyzed, allowing for a high level of control over the analysis and processing time.
  • Slab Analysis/Point Cloud Analysis now allow negation of values. This allows, for one example, analysis done from a reflected ceiling view of a slab to report positive values when the deviation is below the slab.
  • When exporting points, user can now append to an existing points file.
  • All ribbon items now have their own icons.
  • Option to export to DWG format alongside current DXF export option.

Navisworks:

• When exporting points, user can now append to an existing points file.
  • Automapping and Codemapping now available within Navisworks
  • Navisworks points orgin now set to be within the bounding area of existing models to avoid expanding the federated models bounding area when large coordinate systems are used.
  • Automated point creation on selected objects.
  • Increased compatibility with Non-English versions

If you have questions in regards to specific new features please feel free to post here or send me a PM.  While the documentation has been greatly expanded, the best place to seek advice on advanced workflows or specific features will be this board.

Thanks,

Shayne

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cam-nav
in reply to: s.hamel

Thanks Shayne.

* I want to see the 'Pointrole' in the csv exports so when we import back into a .dwg file it will retain this field. Unless there is another way we can control revisions I am not aware of? 

* I would also like to see user customizable disciplines unless this is already implemented. We have Plumbing and Mechanical Piping which both use the 'Pipe' points but with different number ranges. 

Message 3 of 5
s.hamel
in reply to: cam-nav

Great ideas, I have wanted to do the customizable disciplines for quite awhile, but it is a very significant overhaul of how things work in both the back end and in the Interface, so was not able to tackle it for this release.

Shayne Hamel
Message 4 of 5
cam-nav
in reply to: s.hamel

• Code mapping functionality added: Codemapping allows the user to map descriptions to a Code, and include these mapped codes when creating their export files. Various field Layout software's will use this code to control the visual display of points.

What does this do? 

Doesn't the AutoMap do the same thing or am I missing something?

Message 5 of 5
s.hamel
in reply to: cam-nav

End effect is pretty much the same yes, however the Code Mapping is targeted for Topcon's Magnet layout software, whereas Automapping is for Sokkia Layout or MS Point Layout.

Shayne Hamel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report