Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version can I use on a perpetual license after my subscription ends

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
graham.standring
1711 Views, 5 Replies

Which version can I use on a perpetual license after my subscription ends

In 2014 we bought 7 licenses of AutoCAD LT 2014 (on disk) and a single license of AutoCAD 2014 as perpetual licenses.  At the same time we bought a three year subscription for each one which expires tomorrow.

We have already upgraded one of our LT installations to 2016 and our AutoCAD installation to 2015.  Our subscription expires tomorrow and we do not intend to renew it.

My questions is what is the latest version I can upgrade to today (while our subscription is still active) and still be able to use on a perpetual license after our subscription ends.  Is it 2016 or is it 2017?

The downloaded file for LT 2016 which I have obtained from my subscription is called "AutoCAD_LT_2016_SWL_English_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe" (note the SWL), whereas the downloaded file for LT 2017 obtained via my subscription is called "AutoCAD_LT_2017_NWL_English_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe" (note the NWL).  I have serial numbers available for both versions.

Can anybody help.  This is really urgent as I need to sort it out today.

Regards,

Graham

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You should be able to run the latest release as of the date your subscription runs out. Since 2017 has been released and you've been able to download it. That would be the last version you can run. Also. Once your subscription runs out you lose the right to run previous releases. So my opinion would be 2017 will be the only version you'll be able to run.

I'll have to say I think this is a bad time to let Maintenance Subscriptions expire.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response.

I take your point about not being a good time to let subscriptions expire but our finances are such that we have no choice. I just want to make sure we are as u to date as we possibly can be with a version that we then be able to carry on using after the subscription expires.

I am a bit concerned about the file name of the 2017 download as the ‘NWL’ suggests to me that it requires a network license which I didn't think was the same as a subscription. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Graham

Message 4 of 6

I don't use LT but usually the installation files don't differ between network and standalone. You can use the one for either. If you're worried. Download the Free Trial. The file is a full installation that can be authorized. So Free Trial, Network or Stand Alone should be all the same file.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

graham.standring wrote:

I am a bit concerned about the file name of the 2017 download as the ‘NWL’ suggests to me that it requires a network license which I didn't think was the same as a subscription.

1. Unless something has changed, there is no such thing as network licensed versions of AutoCAD LT.
  2. Subscription is independent of licensing type. You can have maintenance subscription for standalone or network licensed products
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for all the help.

I decided to just go ahead and try the install for LT 2017 and it worked fine.  We'll see what happens after our subscription expires tomorrow.

Graham

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report