Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble renewing 3ds Max Maintenance Plan + Questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bosstownr
977 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble renewing 3ds Max Maintenance Plan + Questions

Sorry this is kind of two different questions in one topic but as they both relate to my maintenance plan I thought it’d be okay to do them both at the same time.

I have a Perpetual License for 3DS Max 2016 and I signed up for the maintenance plan when I bought it. Both the License and the maintenance plan were paid for in AUD through the Australian store. My resellser for the maintenance plan is set to Digital River Ireland and when I try to renew the maintenance plan through the online site the payment form I am given lists European countries only (as well as only accepting Euros for currency). Unfortunately this means I am unable to renew my maintenance plan as I do not live in Europe. I need to be able to pay the renewal as an Australian so I can keep my maintenance plan. Any help for this?

I was reading the benefits available to those with a maintenance plan. The one that would be most immediately useful to me would be access to my software on a home computer and an office computer. I am a freelancer who works out of my home office sometimes and on a laptop at different sites other times. Would I be eligible for this benefit with my work set up? It would make my work significantly more convenient.

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alessandra.G
in reply to: bosstownr

Hi @bosstownr,

As for your first question, you can get in contact with the department in charge of on-line purchases via this phone number for Australia: 001 800 2688 1130. 

You are indeed entitled to a work station activation and a home activation, provided that you don't use the two machines at the same time.

You can have a look here for more information.

Regards,

Alessandra G

Message 3 of 4
bosstownr
in reply to: Alessandra.G

Hello Allesandra,

Thank you for the quick response. I haven’t yet managed to solve my renewal problem with phone support yet but I am working on it.

I attempted to get the home use license working but was unable to, I followed the steps listed for a single user home use license. I was stopped by an activation limit error when I tried to activate the license though. I am wondering, is 3d Studio Max a product that is actually eligible for home share? The steps listed when I pressed “Request > Get home use license” were “Just use your existing serial number” which I did, was I missing a step?

If my product is not eligible for Home Use am I allowed to deactivate my license on my home office computer and activate it on the laptop and vice-versa whenever I need to change computers? Is there any disadvantage to doing this? Any chance of me losing access to my license if I do this?

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4
Alessandra.G
in reply to: bosstownr

Hi @bosstownr,

I’ve opened support case # 11749657 on your behalf and will get back to you via email.

Regards,

Alessandra G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report