Did you mean: 

Perpetual License product discontinued?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
clapfoot
1505 Views, 7 Replies

Perpetual License product discontinued?

Hi,

I am the owner of a Perpetual license bought for 3DS Max 2012.
My computer had to be formated and all my data was lost. Now I need ot get back to work, but I cannot even find a download option to Max 2012. 
Can I use a diferent version (more recent) of Max with the same licence?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: clapfoot

You still have the license but Autodesk doesn't post anything that old for download. If you bought from a reseller. I'd suggest you contact them. Otherwise try going through the Support page.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
clapfoot
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you for the response.

Fact is, the suport page does not give me any information on how to deal with this case. (or the virtual bot).

I'm aware that Autodesk does not have this older version to download, and that's why I was wondering if it could be used with a newer version (even if it's 2013). And if I cannot, then on how best to proceed on getting 2012 again.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
AllenJessup

You can go the the Contact page. Fill in everything you know and see what they can do for you. You will not get a newer version. Hopefully you can get a copy of the 2012 version. Perpetual license guarantees you the right to use the software. Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee that you can download it forever or that it will work on any OS past the last one it was certified for.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
matthew.d

Hi @clapfoot,

Just to add on to @AllenJessup, we may have a download link for versions older then 2013, you just need to write in to request them. Unspported versions downloads may become unavailable at any time.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 6 of 8
pendean

I believe the Autodesk Customer Care team may (or may not) be able to help you get the link/info you need. Please contact the team by clicking here, selecting "Finding a Download" and wait for the page to fully load. You will be able to contact them via email or chat if agents are available:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus/downloads-upgrades

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

@clapfoot wrote:

Can I use a diferent version (more recent) of Max with the same licence?

Thank you

no if this was possible then nobody would be buying software

serial numbers are product & version specific

Message 8 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: matthew.d

If you do manage to find a copy of the installer (don't forget to ask/find any service packs and hot fixes) back it up.  The installer and related items are just as critical as any of your generated content and should be backed up in the same way in the case of fire, theft, or in your case hardware failure.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report