Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Individual / Small Business?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
komitadjie
3231 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion 360 Individual / Small Business?

Perhaps this question has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it with the search tool.  If it's a repeat, sorry!

I have a small CNC router, and I've been using Fusion for modeling and programming basically since I got the router here a year and a bit ago.  My obvious (and possibly dumb) question:  How does this licensing change impact me?  DOES it impact me?  I just got an email earlier today and had a minor heart attack, is my favourite modeling and programming software going out of my reach? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Darin.Green
in reply to: komitadjie

As long as you own it, you should be fine.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 6
komitadjie
in reply to: Darin.Green

And that's where I'm a bit uncertain, Darin.  I've been using the "free for individuals" license they offer on Fusion, and I'm unclear what this change does with that, if anything. 

Message 4 of 6
brianrepp

Hey @komitadjie - glad to hear you're making good use of Fusion 360!  As for Fusion 360 licensing, if that's the only product you want/need, and you still qualify for the hobbyist licensing (primarily the big item is making under $100k a year), nothing changes at this point!  While I can't necessarily make any promises that Fusion 360 will indefinitely have a free tier, or who meets the guidelines for a free tier (current entitlements here), please know that we are extremely committed to serving the enthusiasts, hobbyists, startups and smaller businesses.  Since day one, Fusion 360 has been heavily adopted by users in this segment, and we credit a great deal of our success thus far to the usage, engagement and feedback from this community - it's is critical to our strategy, and we intend to continue that commitment.  Hope that helps ease your mind.

Message 5 of 6
komitadjie
in reply to: brianrepp

Phew, it does indeed, Brian! Thank you very much, I was starting to panic that my go-to software was going to move out of my reach! I don't make NEARLY enough a year with my router to pay for a software suite anywhere near as good at commercial prices, in the ~$5000 range a year, tops. Fusion is a keystone for my small business plans, and I really hope SOMEDAY to end up needing to *pay* for a license as I grow my business out of the tiers where it's free! 😄

I use F360 for modeling, then either programming for my CNC router, or exporting as a STL for my 3D printer. It's an incredible piece of software, and I love the constant updates and improvements. I use Creo 3 at work in a professional capacity (my real job, a mechanical engineer, as opposed to my home-shop small business), and short of the drawing capabilities, I'd consider F360's modeling ease and capability superior in nearly every respect.

Message 6 of 6
scott.price

Hi @komitadjie,

Thanks for the note and it's great to hear Fusion is working so well for you. I was hoping to hear a bit more about where the drawings capabilities are falling fhort for you if you have a minute to pass them along. You can post here or go ahead and email me at scott.price@autodesk.com

Thanks much!

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report