confused still about my maintenance agreement

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
walker.troy
1916 Views, 9 Replies

confused still about my maintenance agreement

Hello,

So on 4/4/2016, I purchased the maintenance agreement through my reseller...  which in the past, also granted me access to any/all updates during the period of my maintenance plan.

Is it now the case, that I no longer have access to any of the 2017 product releases even though it was previously the case that if a release happened while under maintenance plan?

Is it basically the case, that 2016 is the last update I will ever receive...  traditionally, extensions and service packs stop upon the release of a new version.  What then is the point of a maintenance plan, if I no longer have access to new releases?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hello @walker.troy

You asked... "Is it now the case, that I no longer have access to any of the 2017 product releases even though it was previously the case that if a release happened while under maintenance plan?"

No, this is not the case.  You have access to any product releases (as well as support and other benefits) that become available during the term of your maintenance plan.  This continues to be true as long as you renew your maintenance agreement each year before it expires.  This is exactly the point of a maintenance plan... to keep your perpetual asset up to date with access to product updates, service packs, etc. plus all other benefits provided by that plan. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards,
Felice

Message 3 of 10
AllenJessup
in reply to: walker.troy

If you are on a Maintenance plan (formerly Subscription) you should get updates and new releases. We're on Maintenance for IDSP and upgraded to 2017 with no problem.

Which product do you have. I know sales of any perpetual licensed except Suites stopped in January and Suites are just ending. I don't know if they were allowed to sell a Maintenance contract for a non-Suite product after January. What does your reseller say?

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
walker.troy
in reply to: AllenJessup

I have the Entertainment and Creation Suite, which I believe sales end the last day of this month (July)...  However, I see no updates or downloads available for 2017 products.

I contacts and opened a case, and they said I do not have access... even though I clearly have purchased my maintenance plan, which is valid through 4/2017.

There must be some mix-up somewhere....   I'll try contacting my reseller I guess, but I figured if anyone knew best it would be Autodesk 🙂

Message 5 of 10
AllenJessup

Yes. Sounds like a mix-up in your account. Autodesk employees do monitor this forum. But the Forums are mainly peer-to-peer support. Your reseller is the best place to begin.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
walker.troy
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks Allen,  I'll contact them.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

If you purchased the suite back in April then you are on a perpetual license. All updates and patches are free for as long as you chose to use the software.

Your reseller can sort it all out. In the meantime, all downloads and updates are free and accessed online but most of us through the product updates pages and the Virtual Agent at Autodesk. Which ones are you looking for exactly?
Message 8 of 10
walker.troy
in reply to: pendean

I actually purchased the suite a couple versions ago (2014?)...  I've been on maintenance since.

I was looking for Maya 2017, didn't find it...   I was also looking for the Creation Suite 2017.. didn't find that either.

Message 9 of 10
matthew.d

Hi @walker.troy,

Sorry about the issue. Yes, it should automatically appear in your account when the license becomes available. Since it did not, the team will have to manually create the entitlement. The case was the right thing to do. You should see the product in your account soon.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 10 of 10
walker.troy
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks, that was the issue.. my reseller appears to have been able to get it all straight now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report