AutoDesk Design Suite as gifted; Licensing question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1049 Views, 4 Replies

AutoDesk Design Suite as gifted; Licensing question

AutoDesk Licensing - June 1, 2016

To Whom It May Concern;

My colleague was recently gifted with an AutoDesk Design Suite that includes AutoCad Architect, and AutoCad 16. I've been delegated to sort through legal issues around usage of these programs. I believe he has a single use license.

He wants to hire two people. Our preference would be for one employee, who is an architect, to use the Architectural Desktop program in-office, and for me to use AutoCad 16 at home using my own computer to create details and to assist the architect.

Under these circumstances can we each use the two separate programs concurrently?

Thank you,

Ken Brisken

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

nope

1 license means 1 user

if 2 people need the software at the same time you will need to buy a 2nd license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
DonBoresky
in reply to: DarrenP

I would go furhter to say that any use of this software likely contravenes the Autodesk User Agreement.  Transfers of licenses are permitted only in specific, autodesk approved, circumstances. I don't belive gifting is one of those circumstance.  If a formal Transfer of Ownership form has not been approvied by Autodesk, I believe  the software is being used illegally.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: DarrenP

The Suite licenses are not "1 + 1 + 1 + ..." for every product in the suite.  Instead it is one single license which can run any of the products.  If multiple products of the same version are run at the same time it will only consume 1 license.

But yeah - first confirm this is a valid license that can be activated.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
felice.s
in reply to: Anonymous

hi @Anonymous,  you can contact our registration and activation team here to find out more about your specific license situation.  It does not sound like you have a commerical license, but note that if you do, then one option is to purchase a network uplift, which would allow two different people (users) to share the single license, one at a time.  Assuming that you have been 'gifted' a perpetual license, this uplift is available only until July 31. Here's the link to submit a request to registration and activation. 

Hope this helps. 

Felice

Felice S
Consumption Business Models Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report