ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the sequence of paste operations to a new document?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Kyudos
415 Views, 2 Replies

What is the sequence of paste operations to a new document?

I've set flags and data in (documentLockModeChanged) COPYCLIP to allow me to veto PASTECLIP to another document if my custom objects are involved.

However, when I go to paste into a new document, before I even hit PASTECLIP, I get into the subWorldDraw of my custom objects? This is actually causing a crash - surely I should be allowed to decide if a paste will go ahead before Acad starts trying to draw my stuff?

I see i get into commandWillStart before the crash - but I can't veto PASTECLIP from there (well, not as easily anyway).

What actually happens when I go to paste something in a new document? And specifically, how much of that occurs before PASTECLIP is triggered in documentLockModeChanged?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
moogalm
in reply to: Kyudos

Hi,

Is it possible for you send a sample project demonstrating your problem, and objective you are trying achieve. I'm sorry I'm not able make out from your description, it is tough to tell what happens in generalized way when a pasteclip is performed this has to be dealt case by case, and, we don't access to High level design CCP implementation, If you can provide a sample project and instruction to build and reproduce the behavior, we can try to persuade concerned development team looking in to this, considering business requirement you have in hand.

Within my knowledge I can say CCP in AutoCAD implements Clipboard mechanism of Windows.

Clipboard: Using the Windows Clipboard
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/80db3kax.aspx

Clipboard: Copying and Pasting Data
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2ca18w7k.aspx

Message 3 of 3
Kyudos
in reply to: moogalm

I've worked around this for the moment, preventing PASTECLIP of my objects to different documents within the same instance of AutoCAD. I haven't worked out cross-instance pasting yet, but I should think that would be sufficiently rare as not to present a major issue to start with.

Thanks for your attention.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost