Did you mean: 

Simultaneous use of the ObjectARX Wizard 2017 and 2018 on a single VS 2015

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Alexander.Rivilis
6146 Views, 13 Replies

Simultaneous use of the ObjectARX Wizard 2017 and 2018 on a single VS 2015

As I noticed, recently appeared ObjectARX Wizard 2018. I already had an installed ObjectARX Wizard 2017. After installing the ObjectARX Wizard 2018 in Visual Studio, I still used the 2017 version instead of 2018. I decided to deal with this more deeply and came to such results. I want to share them.

1. Install ObjectARX Wizard 2017 and ObjectARX Wizard 2018:
    http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/ObjectARXWizards-2017.zip
    http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/ObjectARXWizards-2018.zip
  2. Download attached VS_Autodesk.zip and ObjectARXWizard2017_2018.zip
  3. Extract ObjectARXWizard2017_2018.zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\  with replacement of all files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2017 Wizards and C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2018 Wizards
  4. Delete all files in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcprojects\Autodesk\
  5. Extract VS_Autodesk.zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcprojects\Autodesk\
  6. Start VS 2015

Now you have both ObjectARX Wizard:

2017-04-08_13-41-17.png

P.S.S.: Also fixed compile error in debug mode corresponding to default Small Type Check setting to Yes.

Hope it help you to create new project for AutoCAD 2017 and 2018 on one VS 2015 without any problem.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Labels (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Also I hope ADN DevHelp guys fixed ObjectARX Wizards 2018 in accordance with the method I proposed in previous post.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 14
moogalm
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thanks Alexandra,

Yes this hack can be used for both 2017\2018 wizards, for legacy reasons, I never kept installation to support wizards side by side. I suggested this hack to few customers, but I didn't enforce this in installation.

But again I should thank you for your pursuit on wizards. I will take a note of this and improve the installer.

Message 4 of 14
EMD1954

Alexander,

Thanks, I followed these steps, and yes, I am able to create a new ARX2017 project without any problems.  It's when I go to add an ARX class that I get this error message.  I'm going to uninstall and reinstall, then reset all of my options to match the other computer exactly.  I'll let you know how I make out.

Sorry - I'm lost.

Message 5 of 14
EMD1954
in reply to: EMD1954

I uninstalled all of the wizards for ObjectARX 2017

I uninstalled VS2015 (update 3)

I re-installed VS2015 (update 3) with fresh download from MSDN

I re-installed ObjectARX 2017 with a fresh download from Autodesk

I deleted all of the files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcprojects\Autodesk\" and replaced them with the 2017 files from VS_Autodesk.zip.

I can create a new ARX/MFC project fine.

I can modify and compile all of my existing projects fine, they load properly into AutoCAD and they all function properly.  But no matter what else I've tried, I still get the same Microsoft Visual Studio error "Invalid at the top level of the document." (see attached) when I try to add a new ARX class.

I think I'm giving up.  I made myself templates "000.h" and "000.cpp" and I guess I'll just do it the old fashion way - by hand!

Anyway, if anybody else has come across this problem and has a solution, please let me know.

FYI, new computer, Windows 10 Pro

Thanks,

Ed

Message 6 of 14

Hello!

I did as you instructed, but now when I create new Object ARX project in VS2015 i get following error. If I click to OK to continue, I get broken Wizard dialog.

Error.JPGWizard.JPG

Message 7 of 14

@Nikola.Jandric

You can try to comment line 437 in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2017 Wizards\ArxAppWiz\HTML\1033\default.htm"

Expert Elite Member

Message 8 of 14

@Alexander.Rivilis

Thank you for quick response. I did as you instructed, and I had to fix all files in folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2017 Wizards\ArxAppWiz\HTML\1033
I searched for call to setDirection (); and changed it to <!--setDirection ();-->

Then I had to fix ObjectARX SDK location in project property file: Autodesk.arx-2017.props

<ArxSdkDir> tag was set to E:\...

I just searched for all occurrences of the file on a disk and changed ArxSdkDir tag to the location of ArxSDK on my computer.

I tested for ARX2017 project and it works now.

Message 9 of 14

Excellent! Happy to help you.

Expert Elite Member

Message 10 of 14
EMD1954

I don't know why I just can't get this to work for me.  I followed the steps to reinstall the wizards, and then copied over the files from your zip file.  I kept getting an error that it couldn't find the path "E:\ObjectArx...."  I searched for all instances of this and replaced it with my path "C:\EMD....\ObjectArx 2017". 

Then I changed line 337 in "ArxWizMFCSupport\HTML\1033.default.htm"

I was able to create a new project.  (See "Add a Class - Okay.JPG")

When I tried to add a new MFC class, I get "Invalid at the top level of the document" (See "Invalid.JPG")

I've been struggling with this for over a year so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

I wonder if you have solved the problem about  invalied top content ? because I have met the same problem with VS2015,ARX2017 ,if you solved it ,please reply me ,really thanks.

Message 12 of 14
EMD1954
in reply to: Anonymous

I have not been able to solve it.  I have been adding ARX classes manually.  Still hoping for help.

Message 13 of 14
Nikola.Jandric

I was unable to create MFC class as well. I was able to create new project for 2017 and 2018, but adding MFC classes was not working, so I was forced to uninstall both wizards and install the one that I currently need.

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Since it doesn't worked,I turnded to the older version of ARX2012,with VS2010 and cad2012,when I creat MFC Class, It occured the similar problem,the dialogID can't displayed, but I have solved the problem. it seems that the early version have easier problem that can be handled.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report