Did you mean: 

Converting ObjectARX 2014 to 2017

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AutoCad2014Cap
1115 Views, 6 Replies

Converting ObjectARX 2014 to 2017

Hi All,

We have used ObjectARX 2014 and developed some custom functionalities and have used them in AutoCad 2014. Now we would like to upgrade to AutoCad 2017. Do we have to recompile again. If yes could we please know the process of recompilation as we are really new to this?

We have also did some menu customization ( added new menus of our own ) and used Visual Studio 2012 to build it ( Some of these menu options are using functions in ObjectARX ). For those to work in AutoCad 2017 should we again do a build in Visual Studio 2015?

Thanks in Advance
Abhilash D K

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Please read ObjectARX 2017 SDK\Docs\readarx.chm file: Release Notes

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 7

Hi Alexandar, Thanks for the Reply. I checked readme.chm. It says I have to recompile. I downloaded ObjectARX 2017 and placed in C:\ObjectARX. Opened my Visual Studio 2012 solution file in Visual Studio 2015. But getting a lot of errors. I have attached some of the screenshots. My company will get an ADN License but in the mean time if you could help me figure out how to compile it would be helpful. Thanks in Advance, Abhilash D K
Message 4 of 7

Sorry but without full solution I can not help you.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 7

I can't give you the full solution I guess. My managers will be really mad at me. But Thanks for the help. If you can point me to a link or something which explains how to convert from ObjectARX 2014 to ObjectARX 2017 will be helpful 🙂 Thanks in Advance
Message 6 of 7

First of all, the first error MSB8020 says you have a problem with your Visual Studio 2015.

Visual Studio 2015 uses the v140 Platform Toolset, if it dosn't find it, this is a VS problem, take a look here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e0b9c601-2ece-4dcc-bac3-23ed7dd6801a/the-buil...

The next 2 errors are porting errors:

int acedGetString(int cronly, const ACHAR * prompt, ACHAR * result);

and

int acedCommand(int rtype, ... /*variable_arg_list*/);

has changed to

int acedGetString(int cronly, const ACHAR * prompt, ACHAR * result, size_t bufsize);

and

int acedCommandS(int rtype, ...);

Message 7 of 7

Hi BerndCuder8196,

I am trying to resolve the issue with VS 2015.
I Went to Project->Properties->General and PlatForm Tooset is set to Visual Studio 2015 (v140). But still it gives error. I have even checked VCTargetsPath in regedit.exe it is set to v140. Still I am getting Build Tools not found error. Not able to resolve the Build Tools issue. I will keep looking into it 😞

Regarding the other errors: I changed the function signatures it cleared most of the errors.

Another error identifier "MustSwitchTo_acedCommandC_or_acedCommandS" is undefined in line acedCommand(RTSTR,L"setvar",RTSTR,L"filedia",RTSHORT,0,RTNONE);

Here I should change acedCommand to either acedCommandC or acedCommandS right? ( I Changed this and got rid of many errors )

I am getting Too Few Arguments in this line acedGetString(0,L"Do you wish to convert now? [Y/N] >",result); The same with ads_getstring(). I will look into the acedGetString() method in ObjectARX 2017 and check the number of arguments.

Thanks a million.
Abhilash D K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost