ArxDbg and AutoCad 2012 - incompatibil version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4921 Views, 4 Replies

ArxDbg and AutoCad 2012 - incompatibil version

Welcome 

I have a problem with loading arxdbg.arx in AutoCad2012.

The error message in AutoCad2012 is: "arxdbg.arx is incompatible with this version of AutoCAD"

I try to load arxdbg using command "arx", and "appload".

My version of arxdbg.arx is from ObjectARX2012. I successfully compiled it in VisualStudio 2010.

I will be very gratefulls if someone help me with this problem or show where can I download working version of ArxDbg.arx for AutoCad 2012.

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

The ARXDBG project that ships with the ObjectARX 2012 SDK still is VS 2008 project.

So when you migrate it using VS 2010, some of the project settings may be incorrect.

I have attached the screenshots of the changes that you will need to make

1) Set the Platform toolset to V100

2) Ensure that the inc and lib folders are correctly pointing to the ObjectARX 2012 folder. In VS 2010, the inc and lib folders need to specified for each project and the inherited properties may be incorrect. So, disable the inherited properties and set them to the right path (ObjectARX 2012 install path).

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Thanks for answer.

Placed on this site http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=785550 ObjectARX SDK contain a version of ARXDBG for VisualStudio 2010, but properties are set for Visual Studio 2008. It was a reason why I compiled project in VS2010. 

I've done everything what You wrote, but it still doesn't work. I linked all inc and lib files, and changed toolset to v100. 

Project is building fine but with warnings

ArxDbgApp.obj : warning LNK4197: export 'acrxEntryPoint' specified multiple times; using first specification

1>rxapi.lib(libinit.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'rxapi_cl.pdb' was not found with 'rxapi.lib(libinit.obj)' or at 'C:\ObjectARX 2012\samples\database\ARXDBG\x64\Debug\rxapi_cl.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

1>rxapi.lib(nullobid.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'rxapi_cl.pdb' was not found with 'rxapi.lib(nullobid.obj)' or at 'C:\ObjectARX 2012\samples\database\ARXDBG\x64\Debug\rxapi_cl.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

I can load program into autocad 2012 with warning that arxdbg "...is not compatible with AutoCad". I can see menu of arxdbg properties but nothing works. For exemple after write a command "ArxDbgSnoopDb" arxdbg window should appear, but it's not doing it.

In attachment are pictures of my VS2010 configuration.

Message 4 of 5
owenwengerd
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to set the Platform Toolset to v90 so that you use the VS 2008 build tools (which means that VS 2008 must also be installed). -- Owen Wengerd
--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: owenwengerd

I was downloading and installing VS2008 SP1 all Saturday and I successfully compiled project with v90 toolset - unfortunately it still doesnt work with my autocad 2012.

The ArxDbg source code placed on Autocad Developer center is prepared for Visual Studio 2010, and is using v90 toolset from Visual Studio 2008 Sp1, so both version of VS are required to compile this program what is a little complicated for me.

Fortunately I dicovered, thanks to You Mr. Wengerd, working version of ArxDbg for Autocad 2010 x64 (is also working with autocad 2012 x64 - ) so this problem could be solved :).

Thanks for help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report