Did you mean: 

arx dll does not get loaded through ini file but loads on arx->load command

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hjahagirdar
424 Views, 6 Replies

arx dll does not get loaded through ini file but loads on arx->load command

Hi,

I having an objectarx dll with .arx extenstion, the same is listed in the .ini file and is expected to load on launching AutoCAD. But the rest of the dlls get loaded except this one, but when I try loading this with the command "ARX" and "load" option, the same gets loaded successfully. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Harshad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

What is a ".ini" file???

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 7

That is we are using to list down the files those will be loaded by the main module. It was working previously, all of a sudden it has stopped working. The main module reads this .ini file which contains the list of files to be loaded. It is missing on of the files and loading all other. Any idea what might be the reason? I am able to load the same using ARX or APPLOAD command smoothly.

Thanks,

Harshad

Message 4 of 7

@hjahagirdar wrote:

...Any idea what might be the reason? I am able to load the same using ARX or APPLOAD command smoothly...

For example this arx-file dependent of other arx/dbx/dll-files, those not yet loaded to AutoCAD. So try to move line with path of this file at the end of ini-file.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 7

As Alexander wrote, I also think the problem is the order the files are loaded.
You can also test it by loading all files manually, in the same order as the main module does.
In the text window you will see the reason when it is not loaded.
Notice, dbx files with custom entities, or files with an service must be loaded first. In the same order you compile your files because the dependencies.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks you so much to you both for the replies. Appreciate your response. In debug mode this problem comes. Release dlls load smoothly. This is the first thing. Is there any way to find out the dependencies on the certain arx file? Depends tool (Dependency walker) doesnt help much.

I re-installed my AutoCAD then for a while this problem looked like solved, but then again started coming. Any tool by means we can come to know what exactly is missing? Because the error message simply says that some file or dll is missing, it doesn't provide any more details to act upon.

Will appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

Harshad

Message 7 of 7

If all arx/dbx files are from you, it will be easy to find out the dependencies. Every arx solution that includes the header file (and an library) of an other solution, depends on it and must loaded later.

This normally happens by custom entities and services.

But be aware you don't have an crosswise dependency, this will not work (it is like the chicken and the egg).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost