Symbols and Annotation Plane for MultiView Parts created via the API

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mhillis
328 Views, 2 Replies

Symbols and Annotation Plane for MultiView Parts created via the API

Hello all, 

As MEP veterans may know, when using the Content Builder within AutoCAD to create multiview parts, you have access to the 'Symbols and Annotation Plane' which allows you to create 2D graphics that appear at certain views (primarily used to create PLAN view specific graphics).

I'd like to create a MultiView Part and create PLAN specific graphics via the API in a similar fashion to the way the Symbols and Annotation Plane works.

Looking at the MultiView Part class, I don't see if this immediately available, does anyone know if what I'm looking for is possible?

Again, strictly through the API.

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mhillis

There is no API to parametric MvPart creation.  You can create parts based on other parts in the catalog but that is it.

There is an API to convert a solid or a block to a MvPart.  Using that API you can create the 3d Representation and then create the 2d representation and assign each to the view that you are looking for.  It basically automates the mvpart convert command.

Have a look in the samples folder that gets installed with MEP and browse to the ConvertToMvPart sample.  It should give you all that you need.  Pay particular attention to the CreateMvPartStyle method.  In it you will see where you can set individual block definitions to each display style.  The example uses the same definition for each style but you can use separate ones.

If you have any issues let me know, somewhere I have some code where I did the same thing as the example but fleshed it out a little more.

Message 3 of 3
mhillis
in reply to: Keith.Brown

@Keith.Brown wrote:

There is no API to parametric MvPart creation.  You can create parts based on other parts in the catalog but that is it.

There is an API to convert a solid or a block to a MvPart.  Using that API you can create the 3d Representation and then create the 2d representation and assign each to the view that you are looking for.  It basically automates the mvpart convert command.

Have a look in the samples folder that gets installed with MEP and browse to the ConvertToMvPart sample.  It should give you all that you need.  Pay particular attention to the CreateMvPartStyle method.  In it you will see where you can set individual block definitions to each display style.  The example uses the same definition for each style but you can use separate ones.

If you have any issues let me know, somewhere I have some code where I did the same thing as the example but fleshed it out a little more.

Keith,

That was it!  Simply creating an individual instance of an MvPart with some sort of Plan-specific graphics by affixing a Block Ref. to the 'Plan' display rep;

Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost