Did you mean: 

CREATE A PARAMETRIC DIMENSION THAT IS A REFERENCE DIMENSION

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
589 Views, 1 Reply

CREATE A PARAMETRIC DIMENSION THAT IS A REFERENCE DIMENSION

I am trying to recreate the type of dimension listed below using vb.net. The only info I have been able to find is just referring to a normal dimension.

How do I create this?

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
deepak.a.s.nadig
in reply to: Anonymous

Step1:

Please refer the below image,trying to create a horizontal dimension from mid point to end point for a line(which already has a horizontal dimensional constraint) a dialog "Dimensional Constraints" pops up. 

select "create a reference dimension" and proceedselect "create a reference dimension" and proceed

Step 2:

After selecting to "Create reference dimension" and proceeding, please check the properties of the resultant dimension(image below), the value for the "Reference" field is "YES". Please note, this is named and can be used in expression but does not constraint the geometry.

"Reference" property is Yes"Reference" property is Yes

The only info I have been able to find is just referring to a normal dimension.

In other words, a dimension constraint (parametric) can be made reference by changing its "Reference" field to "Yes". To achieve this via .NET API I have posted a sample in the previous thread that creates a parametric dimension and changes it Reference property (same as the manual steps above ) 
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/net/create-a-parametric-dimension-and-set-its-quot-reference-quot/m-p...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta