Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Manage 2015 & Revit Project Parameter Problem

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
yallou
3568 Views, 11 Replies

Navisworks Manage 2015 & Revit Project Parameter Problem

Hi. I had no idea of this stuff. Please help.

I have a trouble with 'selection inspector' & 'find item' on Navisworks. (about appeared element property)

Attached test files.

In Revit Model, I created Project Parameter 'TEST1' on test1.rvt & test2.rvt

And exported NWC (test1.nwc & test2.nwc)

When I appended two NWC to Navisworks, TEST1(project paramter) appeared twice on selection inspector & find item. (see below image)

Include Famly, Type and TEST2. (others not why???)

TEST1 is a project parameter made with shared paramter in revit, TEST2 is a project paramter made only same name. (not shared paramter)

Ongoing navisworks file, some project paramters merged into one (even appended 5~6 NWC files), some are not.

So, I expect that there is a way to merge paramters into one.

I tried to change export options and import options, but it's still frustrating

How can I fix it?

thank in advance for your help

Program: Navisworks Manage 2105, Revit 2015

Revit to Navisworks : via NWC

K-2.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
adusvi
in reply to: yallou

Did you create the parameter as Project Parameter or Shared Parameter?

I think you created it as Project Parameter because the name internal of parameters TEST1 and TEST2 in your NWC files of test1 and test2 are different.

When you create a Project Parameter in different files of Revit although they have the same name they are differents, if you want to they are the same you have to create them as Shared Parameters.

Message 3 of 12
yallou
in reply to: adusvi

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I used same shared parameter for both project parameters(test1.rvt & test2.rvt).

Under the same condition, some parameter became one, some were not.

This is a problem. and I'm still confused.

Thanks again!!!

Message 4 of 12
adusvi

In both files, when you create the Shared Parameter, are they created from the same txt file? Can you upload the txt file of the Shared Parameters?

Message 5 of 12
yallou

After your reply, I tried to create different conditions.

As you were advised, shared paramter text file raised a problem.

Our revit central files(including shared paramter text) were moved to another sever several times, and upgraded twice(2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015).

Same Shared parameter text file might be regard as a different by Navisworks. 

When I did the same thing with new shared parameter text file and new parameter, it worked clearly.

Navisworks showed one parameter.

However, I did same thing with 'YH_Shared Parameter.txt' in use ongoing my project, it didn't work.

I tried with 'TEST1' paramter under the goup 'project parameter'.

And then, I created new group and parameter on 'YH_Shared Parameter.txt' (named 'Goup1' and 'paramter1''parameter2'), it worked.

Filnally, my question is

what is the difference between 'parameter1' and 'TEST1'?

Below image shows 'TEST1' is not bacome one.

I attached my shared parameter text file.

K-16.jpgK-15.jpg

Message 6 of 12
adusvi

In your NWD the internal name of parameter TEST1 for the files Project09.rvt and Project10.rvt are different, can you share that files to see what happen?

Message 7 of 12
yallou

Hi~ I appreciate your interest.

Because I removed Project09 and Project10 files, I created new using same way before.

I attached revit files(ver2015), NWC and NWD.

and Where can i found internal name of parameter?

thanks again.

Message 8 of 12
opesch_

I have got the exact same problem and have no control on how the NWD models were done (by an other Company).

NWD (1,3GB) model is composed of multiples NWC combining multiples RVT models (for a total of 50 RVt models) all done in LOD 300.

When I select ie a wall, the property pannel shows a correct value for the desired parameter in the "Element" tab and/or "Revit Type" tab for respectively Instance & type parameters. The Find item tool can match them, Search sets would select items based on them, setting the Selection Tree to "properties" mode select items based on them, etc

But at the same time those properties stays emptied in the Selection Inspector an in the Quick Properties Tooltip !

The only not working "match" is always related to the Quick Property Definitions (Option Editor) whatever it is a "Element" or "Revit Type" property !

As Yallou here above in the Option Editor dialog I also have got multiple instance of the same parameters being listed in the dropdown list.... but neither in Find Item nor Selection Tree dialogs. 

So, same question.... "Where can i found internal name of parameter?" to at least make the Inspector read the values ?

Remark : I've also test with a wall to choose every instance of the equally named parameters to tackle if at least one contains the value as it was the case for yallou.... but in my case none of those was showing a value in the Inspector pannel or quick properties Tooltip.... while being there in the properties pannel for the exact same item (wall) !

any help will be appreciated.

Message 9 of 12
yallou
in reply to: opesch_

HI~~

on Options Editor meun, you should turn on 'Show Internal Propertise' and 'Show Property Internal Names'.

and then, you can find the internal name of paramter on Properties tab.

K-001.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conlusion is that there is only one way to use revit parameter accurately on 'Selection Inspector'

You shloud using detach revit file that already have the paramter.

150611 parameter2.jpg

Message 10 of 12
opesch_

Damned !

So if I read you well, I cannot do anything with those already existing RVT files ! That will not be an option....

Isn't there any way or add-in inside navisworks to merge parametres values from different parameters ?

Thanks Yallou

Message 11 of 12
yallou
in reply to: opesch_

I thought about everything I could try to do for fixing it.

but it didn't work correctly.

Only selection inspector caused a problem.

'Sets' and 'Find Item' work well, even though same parameter appeared reaptedly.

In this case, I quit using selection inspector.

Message 12 of 12
joris.vanbossche

Can someone tell me why I have multiple times the same built-in parameter like 'base level', 'volume', 'base offset', 'area', ... in one model without links?

I did append in a new navisworks project and selected a Revit file.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/b8030396-eb12-42e0-abcd-9c86d7ea7741

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report