Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Clashing - Are Revit Rooms just boundaries in navis or solids?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1471 Views, 3 Replies

Room Clashing - Are Revit Rooms just boundaries in navis or solids?

Hi,

I have an issue in that I think rooms in navisworks are boundries and not masses/solids is this correct?

So to explain in more deatils- 

I am clashing Revit Architectural Rooms vs Revit MEP equipment . Both of which are nwc exported from revit into my nwf. I am doing this as we have certain rooms that can have no exposed MEP in them.

So navisworks sees my rooms and i can select them, It will even clash an mep against a room (excelent) but with one exception - only if the MEP equipment runs from outside the room into the room. So it will not work for mep equipment that is 100% inside the room.

Anyone know anyway to have it so it will clash items 100% inside a room?

thanks in advance

Johnny 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Just a follow up for any one reading this that i have got an answer on this from Autodesk, so thanks for quick response. Below is response

"The issue you are reporting has already been logged with our development team for further research. Unfortunately objects completely inside other objects are currently not reported as clashes.
Development has already confirmed that a product modification is necessary in order to adress this issue. This has also already been registered on the product development plan. However currently I am not able to give you reliable information on if and when this will actually be implemented in the product. 

I hope this helps - please get back to us in case of any additional requirements"

Hope hopefully in next relaese we may get this feature.

Message 3 of 4
roanlee

The reason Navisworks is not picking up the clash is because when Revit export to Navisworks, it has no face. It's one of the reason why Navisworks file is so light compare to Revit file as well. Hence, it's not picking up any hard clash (because it's got no face unlike Revit) if the element is 100% in the room. Hope this answer's your question and I don't think your problem can be solve at the moment.

Message 4 of 4
Nicola_Ianeselli

Hi @Anonymous,

how is possible that the room does not have any connection to the exterior, MEP input etc?

As a workaround (but not the fastest way) you can add the same object to all the MEP systems that are completely inside of the room in order to have it clash againt the boundaries.

Unluckily Autodesk is right.

But there is another thing you can do maybe. To run clash detection in Revit.

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report